Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Wartime hotels, restaurants and bars

Article about: As a hotelier of long standing I like to see period photos of hotels, restaurants and bars particularly with a military connection. I saw this one yesterday of Aussies drinking at an improvi

Curious that my favourite beers are Becks, Peroni & Asahi. The 'Axis' of beer perhaps?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Curious that my favourite beers are Becks, Peroni & Asahi. The 'Axis' of beer perhaps?
    You will surely like Ursus beer then Glenn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No doubt I will Nick!

Cheers cobbers !!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick ,here are a couple of pictures of my granddad in the Savoia Hotel in Cortina Italy just after the war ended. There are no outside shots of the hotel unfortunately but these images have a classic tale of "other ranks" japes to tell. My granddad was by this time in the Sherwood foresters (49th Infantry Division) and in these pictures he's a sailor! Those "stupid" boys all meet over the beer and thought it would be a laugh to "swap" uniforms for the night! Just as well the MP's did not catch them, especially as grandpop's was at the time attached to the Intelligence Corps trying to "root out" hiding Nazi's! Could have turned very messy with the brass. Leon.

Great pics and what a brilliant story Leon

Thank you

Nick

This could be said hotel today Leon

Nick

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    This could be said hotel today Leon

Nick
    Hi Nick ,I think you have found the joint! I have been "rooting" through granddads papers and along with some other post cards I have found this one, looks the same place to me. Leon.

I reckon a bloke could easily spend a few years there looking for hiding Nazis!

A gift from the Germans !

Nick

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast