MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Watching this will hurt!

Article about: As the title says Hindsight is such a wonderful thing..............................if only WHO-Tube: WW2 Boneyards - Watching this will hurt... - WAR HISTORY ONLINE

Default Watching this will hurt!

As the title says
    Hindsight is such a wonderful thing..............................if only

WHO-Tube: WW2 Boneyards - Watching this will hurt... - WAR HISTORY ONLINE

Sad indeed!...

A product of the evolution of air warfare following WW2. The jet age was upon us and there was no need for the massive numbers of allied airplanes. The Axis planes fate was determined upon the loss of thier side. At least some use came from the scrap building temporary housing for returning soldiers. 70 years ago, no one would have imagined the demand for vintage war birds in the 21st century.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank for sharing-I remember my father, who was in the Army Airforce in WWII saying that after the war they had several piles of sheepshin jackets etc as big as a house at his airbase in England. Because they were afraid that releasing these goods on the English economy would hurt it, they poured gasoline on these and burned them.

I remember back in 1971 when on exercise in Holland, we drove past an old Dutch airfield. It was absolutely full of TBM3 Avengers.