Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We Will Remember Them

Article about: I realise old wounds run deep for some people and i respect that, but i honestly think Remembrance day should be a day for all the fallen.

Default Re: We Will Remember Them

I realise old wounds run deep for some people and i respect that, but i honestly think Remembrance day should be a day for all the fallen.

'In remembrance to anyone, be them friend or foe, who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and for their people'.
    I think this is the line that you need to follow, it takes a brave person to fight for their country.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    'Lest we forget'
    Hey,
    WAIT A SECOND!!! Our teacher on school told me about this!!! Your picture with poppys made me remember! Remembrance day!
    Thanks,

- Bas

On this great day let us never forget those living or dead of the great Sacrifices they have all endured for our countries.

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    Rememberance day is for us to remember the soldiers of Great Britian and the Commonwealth who gave their lives in two world Wars in the fight against germany and its allies, for those of us, myself included, who lost their father in WWII feel insulted that you are asking us to also remember and respect the dead of the axis powers. John.
    Insulted maybe.

But judging by the time of your post (11.03 a.m.) not sufficiently respectful to have been at a Remembrance Service at your local War Memorial, Cenotaph or Church. And don't tell me you read Cam's post thought of this reply and had time to post it all in the one minute after the official two minute silence. You didn't observe it did you? You were too busy moaning about how 'insulted' you were about a young lads well meant thoughts on respect and remembrance of the fallen on this day of all days.

That is the only 'insult' on this thread.

Hang your head in shame sir, and do not preach what you fail to do by example.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

This forum is a world wide forum and bears no distincition between friend or foe from any conflict. We have members here from across the globe and everyone is treated with equality and respect.

To state on a Remembrance Day thread that an insult has been implied by being asked to remember the sacrifice of all sides is not acceptable. Our German, Japanese, our American, Australasian, African and European friends will all have lost fathers, brothers, wives, sisters, friends and loved ones.
    They are no different to you or me, people died for their country. There is no distinction between innocent and protagonist, war claims lives indiscriminately and many people die through no fault of their own on all sides.

Remembrance Day is there for us to remember those who have died and not to harbour a grudge. You lost your father during WW2 as did many others. German fathers were lost also yet you don't see any of our German friends coming here to feel insulted that we have a day to remember those who lost their lives during conflict with their countrymen, their families.

Time has moved on, people have moved on, we do not exist in a state of attrition with our neighbours, they are our friends and colleagues now.

I wonder if anyone who feels insulted by the opposing nations can look at themselves and ask, do I drive a German or Japanese or French or American car? Was the computer I'm sat in front of to participate here made in my own country? Does my feeling of insult extend so far as to not collect militaria from the 'other' nation? Do I feel so insulted or does my grudge run so deep as to completely shun everything about the 'other' country? Does being here actually contradict my feeling of insult when I'm happy to communicate with, receive help from and participate on this forum with members from a nation we were at war with 70 or 100 years ago?

Remembrance Day is Remembrance Day. We remember our war dead and we remember the war dead from all nations. If you choose to feel insulted by this then I think you should have a word with yourself and realise time has moved forward and maybe you should too.

The member who started this thread is a young man who should be applauded for taking the time to repeat those ageless lines in his opening post. I commend him for doing so and having the attitude which ranks him so highly amongst his peers. Many of today's youth don't actually realise the significance of Remembrance Day so instead of complaining about someone who does, take a step backwards and realise that this person is actually the future of the past and people like him are those who will ensure that your family member, my family member will never be forgotten.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Especially sad, as that he received 2 "likes" also...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

On a brighter note, every Sunday my family and I are at our surf life saving club here in Western Australia and this Sunday was no exception. At 11 am the last post was sounded over the public address system, this is usually used to sound a warning for sharks etc.., little kids with their parents, teenagers, adults, life savers, oldies - everyone stood and was silent. My family attend ANZAC day services every year but I've got to say it was a very moving scene we all experienced on Sunday morning and was cause for much discussion afterwards. Lest We Forget.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2