Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What is this??

Article about: HEy guys, My apologies if this is the wrong area for this sort of question but what is this pistol? Brass body with screw off muzzle. It is missing a few bits! Had it a while and would be in

Lamb02
    ?

Default What is this??

HEy guys,
    My apologies if this is the wrong area for this sort of question but what is this pistol?

Brass body with screw off muzzle. It is missing a few bits!

Had it a while and would be interested to know...
    DSCF8396.jpg
    DSCF8397.jpg

Nothing Ive ever seen before. Does look as if it was a converted signal pistol at first, but by lookibg at the frame its not. The hammer seems to strike the catrigde very low, in a strange angel, without even closing the chamber by the looks of it.
    What caliber would it be, and are there any markings at all? The brass trompet barrel is something one would expect on a 18th century pocket pistol.

?

What diameter or calibre is the barrel?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Bizarre lookin pistol, the body, grip and hammer look to be from a Webley flare gun, The barrel isn't and just looks to small when compared with the rest. Could be someones metalwork project. Are there any visible markings on it.

well if i guess threw a guess out there, i'd say that's an antique starter pistol.

Lamb02
    ?

The front part of the barrel unscrews, and there appears to be a thread for a percussion nipple or similar in the back (hence the hammer sits so low!) The centre part of the breach is tapered fight down to a 1mm hole.

On the action is a crown stamp with E and 3 underneath. Also an old War department stamp on the front.

hope it helps!!

Signal pistol, for small signal flairs......
    (lol!!!)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Humane killer for livestock or gee gees.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

You beat me to it Ned. I wondered if it was something along those lines as it is very similar to one a friend owns, hence my question on the calibre.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....