Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is the best deal you have ever made?

Article about: Just wondering.

Default Re: What is the best deal you have ever made?

Quote by mclakic View Post
    I found the picture. this is part of KuK helmets
    WOW! Do they have the liners?

most of them

Rail road eagle for $225.00 just bought last week, and JUST put a down payment on a standart (germany awake) in VERY nice condition for $1,000

i bought this US Coastal Artillary Jacket dated 1907 for $1 at a yard-sale. I was just passing by and i thought it was a coast guard uniform when i saw it from the road. as i got closser to it i knew what it was, but not how old. i didnt even have a dollar at the time so i ran home to beg for a dollar from my grandpa. the guy that i bought it from said it was a marines class A from a friend of his that was in vietnam.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you know what this medal is called? https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...de-house-8.jpg

The Air Medal(American).
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Looked it up. But thanks anyway!

But what has that got to do with this thread?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Nice lot,but pitch that fantasy butterfly... William

Best deals and Almost best deals..hmm..
    Best Deals:
    1. In a local antique shop,I once picked up a Canada General Service medal with an 1866 Fenian Raid bar and inscribed to an Australian Sailor,of all odd things. Had a price tag of 14 dollars on it.
    2. Stopped at a rummage sale some time ago and found a box under the table that had a complete US WWI uniform in it. Had the tunic with full insignia,the belt,pants,overseas cap,roll leggings,gas mask and case,cartridge belt,and a hand-knit sweater and snood in Khaki colour from the home front-as well as all sorts of small things like a song booklet from the YMCA,and a shaving mirror and sewing kit. The seller wouldn't budge down from his asking price of $35...
    3. Bought a sheet music lot from a junk shop for $2-in it,it had a beautiful sepia marching Hitler pictorial cover sheet music booklet of the Horst Wessel Lied printed by a music dealer in Leipzig.
    Great Almost Deals:
    1. Ran across a rummage sale when I wasn't expecting it(had 26 dollars in my pocket). The seller had a Pair of SS Model 1933 daggers in vertical hangers-in Vet Bring back original condition. He wanted $40 dollars and refused to hold them for me-I offered to leave my wallet and wristwatch there until I could hurry back,but he was snooty and said no. I got back in less than 30 minutes and they were gone.
    2. Walked into a basement sale of an old neighborhood church and missed by 10 minutes being able to buy on a Mannequin,a US Civil War officers blue frock coat,pants,Hat,sword belt and red sash for $45. The people said there was also a sabre that was with it,but the family decided to Keep it. The purchaser had Just went out the door to go home and get his van-I must have passed by him on the way in.
    3. A not too bright friend hurried in to see me and told me that an old man down a block away was having a rummage sale and had a mint condition Model 42 German helmet with full paint and decals for 2 dollars and would I want it? I was there 3 minutes later,but it had just been carried out the door. The old man said "the next time he was shipped over to Germany,he'd get me another one"...nice guy.
    But enough reminiscing! It just raises my blood pressure! William

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast