Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What is the best deal you have gotten on a military item?

Article about: 1944 M1 Garand (from a family member) Free, M40 Wehrmacht named(also from a family member) Free, Relic M35 helmet - free, Vietnam period U.S. pistol belt with mag pouch, compass pouch - 4\\$.

Default Re: What is the best deal you have gotten on a military item?

I got these for free...

Wow nice stuff all! I got a SMF Secnd type luftwaffe dagger for $20. Though it has no scabbard and the grip is cracked up.

Ah man. I failed at my call name. 14 year old derp :| The names Quinn Matthews :P
    Rbemer, your family reminds me of my family. My grandpa was a forward artillery observer for the Canadian army medium batteries. He fought in a bren carrier throughout europe, liberating Holland and Germany. He told my dad a story of when he was in england, he was going to a phone booth to call his girlfriend (my grandma :P ) but she didn't pick up, so he left. A minute later, a german rocket blew the phone booth up. Good thing grandma didnt answer! My great uncle died a few years ago, he fought with the desert rats as a sergeant in the second camerons. He fought through to tobruk, where he captured 200 Italian soldiers. He told my dad a story that an italian plane strafed and killed many of the POW's thinking they were enemies. War is hell. He was captured with the Camerons and taken to a prison camp in Italy, where he escaped into the mountains around ascoli piceno and helped the italian resistance destroying trains and conducting raids, whilst living between walls in a house for 10 months. He was known for being helpful and friendly, there is even a letter from a German soldiers thanking him for treating him well and not executing him on sight, which happened quite a bit with partisans. Interesting stuff, and good luck for your collection!

Gold wound badge free

?

Field made German Camo Zeltbahn Jacket for $75, WW1 M16 Helmet for $65.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Field made German Camo Zeltbahn Jacket for $75, WW1 M16 Helmet for $65.
    Zeltbahn jacket for $75! my dream

?

Yeah, I was really excited! It was more satisfying that it was in a shop that sold militaria and rock tshirts and things of that nature for pretty expensive prices. They knew American military stuff pretty well, but probably had never seen German WW2 stuff, so I slipped it right under their nose!!

They probarbly didnt realize that zeltbahn jacket was even around, maybe they thought it was post war.
    Congrats

?

Wow! Great Story! My grandpa on my dads side was in the korean war he was half the war in the 101st and the other half the head of 3 howitser cannons he won a bronze star. He still has his photo album which i love looking at it has the original photos with him and marylin monroe when she came over seas. This is the only reason i like collecting military stuff the storys that come out of the pieces are incredable.

One of the Best things I have got for free, is all the wonderful and great advice/information that "You" fellow collectors have given me over the last year or so. You cannot put a price on that!! Thank you all, very much!!!!

Mike

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast