Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What is the best military price guide and resource book out there?

Article about: Good evening all, I have been collecting for about 25 years and I seem to have had the same problem for the entire 25 years. What is the best military price guide and or military resource bo

Default What is the best military price guide and resource book out there?

Good evening all,

I have been collecting for about 25 years and I seem to have had the same problem for the entire 25 years. What is the best military price guide and or military resource book in circulation? This would be for the begginer and the obsessed alike. I have many specialty books, but I am now looking for an overall military book. I would like a book that shows actual values, not the overstated or understated. Like a child, I want a book that might even show a little picture of the item. Even though I dislike ebay, I have noticed that the value of an item is what someone will pay for it. Ebay shows this. Is there a price guide that shows value based on what items have sold for? Something large enough to cover numerous categories, countries and eras? Thanks for any help.

FG.

Default Re: What is the best military price guide and resource book out there?

I'd say the internet is your best price guide. How long will your book be accurate?

Gday FG,
    This site is useful in getting a rough idea of pricing of Militaria items.
    www.militaryitems.com.
    Go to the reference data section at the top of the page.
    Not gospel but useful.
    Cheers
    Dave

Truthfully, the internet is valuable for almost all information. However, I am older then most computers and sometimes like to actually hold a book. Sometimes a more portable price guide is nice when on the move. As for how long it would be acurate, at least as long as the existing price guides. I have seen nothing new or accurate in the last ten years. Based on the questions asked in most forums, I would say a good wooden price guide would be helpful for young and old alike. Thanks.

FG.