Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What Binos Do You Use ?

Article about: I used to do a lot of hunting,so when I had a chance to get these for \\$300 a few years back I couldn`t refuse. They are Leitz 10x40 Trinovids.They are really great under low-light conditions

?

Default What Binos Do You Use ?

I used to do a lot of hunting,so when I had a chance to get these for $300 a few years back I couldn`t refuse. They are Leitz 10x40 Trinovids.They are really great under low-light conditions. What do you like for your hunting ( I suppose you could do birdy watching too )..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: What Binos Do You Use ?

I have two pair of German binoculars do not remember the brand .
    I have been really happy with them very good quality.
    chris

wow, that's a great deal on those. I have a few pair(I like binos almost as much as I do flashlights) The pair I've been using the most lately are Leupold Wind River. Not really high end, but I like the glass. Very clear and little eye strain. I have another pair of compact binos I use in the woods. They're in the trunk of my car right now, so I'll have to look later for the name. They're pretty good as compact goes, but still not as good as full size in lowlight, but better than my eyes in low light hehe

I also have the Leitz Trinovid in the 10x40 but mine are not the armored-they're in black leather-the 10x40B. I have always been tempted by the 12x50 Trinovid as well, but finding a pair for the price of less than a car can be difficult. The 10x40's, I think, are one of the most superb all purpose bino's I have ever owned. Whether you use them for hunting,bird watching, scenery or astronomy, they will always do the job just fine. The excellent construction,light weight, the lens clarity and brightness- it's second to none. I've taken mine all over the World over the years and they have Never let me down. Mine are also made in Portugal, and if there is even the most Miniscule differences between them and the German Trinovids, I have never been able to see one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have a pair of Karl Ziess 8X30 for general viewing. Or if I want some really close-up viewing I have a pair of Celestron Skymaster 15X70. They may be fairly cheap, but the optics are absolutely superb!

I've owned several different pairs of varying size and strength, but I keep going back to my favourites, a pair of Swarovski 8x20 Compact's that i've had for around 15 years. They just slip in a shirt pocket and are plenty good enough for my needs. The optics are superb.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I have a nice pair of Carl Wetzlar from the 60's and some
    Westinghouse 6x30's from WWII that I use on occasion
    but on camping/fishing trips, a compact Bushnell 10x25
    is what I usually have with me.........
    Regards,

Steve.

These are a set of 7X50 Zeiss Bridge Glasses that I have had for over forty years. I used them regularly when we were sailing, and they certainly look salty now. Despite the wear and tear of nearly constant use, they are in great shape and the optics are very sharp and crystal clear. They are excellent night glasses. The one drawback is that they weigh 2.5 pounds, which is a bit over 1 Kilo, so they get pretty heavy after a while. And they are a little bulky for the opera. Dwight

Steiner_7x50_P1011989_-_Kopie.JPG

Mine are packed away with all my other hunting gear but I have a set like this.