Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

What happened to Joachim Peipers things?

Article about: Residents also wrote this on the road to his house, it was later washed away.

Quote by Philzie View Post
    I have in my collection Peiper's original Knight's Cross award document incased in a large leather covered casing with two huge SS runes on the front, and signed by Himmler.
    Break out that camera, we are all eager to see your treasure.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Although I am not familiar with what a temporary possession report looks like, I don't think that a temporary document would be put up in such an elaborate casing. The document has the appearance of a standard Knight's Cross document, but is uniquely SS in all aspects, and begins with "In the Name of the Reich Leader SS". I am in the process of trying to figure out how to post photos, so please be patient. I will get them up as soon as I can.

Go to " go advanced" when you post then scroll down to where it has a box called 'pictures upload' and a new page will load. Upload your .jpg images directly using the prompts on that page - Don't use a image hosting site.

Good luck,
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looking forward to these pictures...

?

Ah right so you have a Formal Mappe for Peiper , that will be a very rare thing due to the date of his RK Award !! The Preliminary Award document was issued prior to the Formal Mappe , the Mappe being unsigned or signed by Hitler himself.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

No photos yet ? I can't wait to see this document , it could be a real one off as even Sepp Dietrich was awarded the Mappe signed by Hitler , a special SS document signed by Himmler should be something worth seeing !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Hopefuly the poster is ligit and shows us the goodies soon.

Quote by Adam M View Post
    I think the mug shot picture is Photoshopped, If this is a mug shot from his capture in may 1945 why is he wearing the the collar tabs of an sturmbannführer?. By 1945 he would be wearing the tabs of an obersturmbannführer, also the RK has no oak leafs or swords.

This is the real mug shot picture, also here is a picture of him in Austria 1945 wearing the same tunic as in the mug shot and you can clearly see the obersturmbannführer tabs and RK with oak leafs and swords.
    A very valid point!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Philzie i didn't want to greet a new member with negativity and sceptism but i must admit it does worry me that you are in possession of what could be one of the most sought after documents relating to a Waffen SS Officer yet you have never seen or have knowledge of the RK Preliminary Award document.

A document of this magnitude would normally be in the hands of a Top document collector ( maybe you are one ) with full provenance to the item itself , it is widely held that Mappe issued after January 1943 are to be treated as suspect as to their originality ( Peipers award date was 9/3/1943 ) unless accompanied by full provenance plus i have never heard of such a document issued by the SS and signed by Himmler. Therefore i have to say i supect that your document is a fake unfortunately , that said i do hope to be proved wrong and learn somehting for the future.

If you can post the photos , give us the Provenance to the document and how you came into possesion of it i would be most grateful.

regards

Paul

1st July 1916

Paul:
    I understand your skepticism, as I was at first. I purchased the document at auction in Massachusetts a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the auctioneer had no information regarding its provenance, but I think that the object speaks for itself. The casing is covered in leather, and the wear on the surface is in keeping with its age. I will be glad to post photos, but I can't figure how to do it. I tried to follow the directions posted by one of the members, but after following the directions I hit a stone wall. Can someone help me get this done, please?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast