Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

What happened to Joachim Peipers things?

Article about: Residents also wrote this on the road to his house, it was later washed away.

?

Have you ever posted this item elsewhere for discussion or had it examined by any document collectors / dealers ? If you have what were their opinions ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

No I have not, as I know of no one with that type of expertise anywhere in my area. I live in Wisconsin. Do you know of anyone like that anywhere close? If I could once get the pictures posted I think your doubts would be answered. I have been a military relics enthusiast all of my adult life and much of my youth, having received my first antique infantry rifle at the age of nine, in 1951. I don't profess to be an expert in SS relics, but in over 50 years of collecting I have seen lots of it, and this item sure looks right to me. Will someone PLEASE help me get the photos up on the site?

Can't wait to see the pictures of such a rare item! Please show us something! Isn't there anybody arrond that help you out?

I have sent you a PM with my email address. Please send the pics to me and I will add them for you.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I am posting these images for new member Philzie. However, it is not a RK citation. But refers to the award of an Honour Sword.

Thoughts please Gents.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade:
    Thanks for the help with the photos. Although my German is far from even mediocre, does not DAS RITTERKREUZ translate to THE KNIGHT'S CROSS? I realize that a sword is also mentioned, but the wording is a little obscure.

?

Thanks for posting the photos Ade , unfortunately Philzie this confirms my suspicions this is is a fake / fantasy document i'm afraid , the Himmler signature is bad , the quality of the work on the document is poor , not something the Reichsfuhrer SS would have condoned or put his name too and it has no relation to any Ritterkreuz award document either preliminary or Mappe. As you point out the wording is very obscure and incorrect.

Sorry about that i hope you didn't pay a lot for it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Whats with the "sauerland" type swaz in each corner? I have never seen that used before.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I am with Paul on this one, the Himmler signature is rather terrible, the printing if the ink is very shabby also. Bit of a bummer it's not the RK doc.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Bit of a bummer it's not the RK doc.
    What were the odds?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast