Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

What happened to Joachim Peipers things?

Article about: Residents also wrote this on the road to his house, it was later washed away.

?

Default Re: What happened to Joachim Peipers things?

Residents also wrote this on the road to his house, it was later washed away.
    Last edited by Adam M; 05-13-2013 at 05:00 PM.

I was reading a thread in waf about Knight Crosses and one member asked about Peiper's awards-documents etc.
    There was a reply saying these:

"The group is alive and well.

I had it on offer about one and a half years ago, but passed.

Beside the extremely high price, for which one rather buys real estate,
    I already have a very similar LAH group."
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Interesting story I hope the group is still in existence, maybe taken by a American MP after stripping him of his awards at Dachau before the trail?

?

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    Residents also wrote this on the road to his house, it was later washed away by a local farmer.
    Are you certain, that it was the locals who wrote the anti-Peiper slogan?
    Its my understanding, that the sentiments expressed against JP and the ensuing murder was done by people who were not from the local town/area.

Probably in Canada at chez Buhler

?

I am pretty sure but it could also have been people from out of town or France communists, the description for the picture says. One of the French farmers, who lived next door, washes inscription. I must say that many of the locals did not participate in this "hunt for man." Despite the crowds of strangers and their threats. The campaign of hatred had been carefully arranged. Not only in the countryside but also in the district center of Vesoul, roads and walls of houses were inscribed with the words Peiper, SS, and swastikas.

?

These pieces are at the museum in Malmedy. I can't say whether the tunic is the tunic Peiper wore but the hood is the one that he wore during interrogation according to the museum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello, it's not a farmer, because the car have not the number of the departement, but letters. DE for DomainE or for the city.

?

Interesting stuff Adrian, the hood of course used in the mock trails to obtain statements and confessions from the prisoners. Which caused for appeals because Colonel Everett was convinced that a fair trial had not been granted to the defendants after claims from the prisoners of torture and mistreatment, also the mock trail was an unlawful and deceitful method to obtain information.

?

I dont think its in the interest of the forum to discuss the methods used to obtain these confessions nor is it the scope of this thread.
    The details are both gruesome and loathsome and will only lead to the gnashing of teeth and will inevitably lead the thread into a death spiral, as it will divide forum members (as we have seen before), so lets stay away from that one.
    Suffice it to say, that there were bad guys and good guys on both sides.
    This is of course purely my opinion, so forum members can take it or leave it. I mean no offence to anybody with this statement.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast