Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What a muppet

Article about: A member I don't know on another forum, the pukey green one, contacted me out of the blue by pm today and asked for opinions about a tropenhelm. From his description it was as he suspected a

Default What a muppet

A member I don't know on another forum, the pukey green one, contacted me out of the blue by pm today and asked for opinions about a tropenhelm. From his description it was as he suspected a Luftwaffe example but he only discovered this after he tried to add some KM shields to it and noticed the extra holes either side of the eagle shield, which is bad enough, but worst of all he mentioned that it had SS shields on it which he had removed and sold , admitting that he does not know if they were period applied or not. He never posted it for opinions on any forums as far as I know, just pulled them off and sold them. What a tosser IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: What a muppet

Did you ask him to post it here?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Did you ask him to post it here?
    He only contacted me today after he had done the dirty deed. I pm'd him and expressed my thoughts on the matter and he replied with the following

"well there is no was to proove or disproove that. so its a moot issue as far as im concerned.
    no one unless the chap who did it knows for sure.. I could tell they were replaced as the holes showed that.. thats all or someone needs to know that they didnt leave the factory like that.."

What a tosser.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

PMs you and the gets defensive about what's been done? What a D-bag.

My god!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Takes all kinds to make up a world. I had a guy ask me about a gun like that. I gave him an honest answer. He got all Animated with me. So I asked him why did you ask me in the first place if you didn't want my opinion.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

So what was the point again?of contacting you Jerry if he didn't like your opinion anyway,pointless adventure,makes you wonder why we really bother sometimes!!!!!regards Dave.

"who,s the muppet going round wrecking my tropenhelms????"
    Attached Images Attached Images