Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

what is the oldest item you have in your collection?

Article about: I too have a small collection of fossils etc. But in terms of militaria the oldest item I have is probably a Napoleonic era British Artillery button that came in a box of odds at auction. Th

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Was it found in Greece? Here a couple just like yours that haven't been beat up so much.
    wow.Great photos.The coins are same like mines.thank you very very much.Great job and eye you have..
    Yes my coins where found here in Greece.I found them in my grandmothers house in a village North of Greece, in Macedonia.Near Serres city.I believe that the coins were there for many years.All Greece was in 1800 still under Ottomans occupied

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Herrzark...
    Thanks. The silver piece is the valuable one. Francis was duke of Lorrain and of Tuscany in Italy (it was against the law for Maria Theresa to become Holy Roman Emperor because she was a woman, so her weaker husband held these lands as emperor even tho M.Theresa had the balls and dominated).
    Here's a better picture of your coin. Note the shield of Lorrain (left side of shield in eagle breast,) and Tuscany,(the arms of Lorenzo the Magnificant!), on the right.
    You have a real historical piece here.
    WOW.Thank you again for your help and assistance .Great photos.Can not say how it was found..I found it in my Grandmothers house but she was workin in Germany until late of 1970.Possible she found it there, didnt know nothing about coins and left it until i fount it in a book shelf without anyone know about it. She gave it to me.Coins was my first collection i had from the age of 10 . As you can see i even didnt know what it was writing.It was Great luck

A French Model 1855 foot officers sabre
    The same model was in U.S and C.S army in the Civil war period.

Nice sabre indeed!
    I hope geting mine next month;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

That is a beauty, Kris.
    Always wanted one like that.
    Have settled for a bunch of 'Blücher sabres' though.
    Crossing my fingers that you get it.

Assume tasteful bedspread is included in price.

Thanks scout!
    It is a 1871 manufactured model, not so much history to it as the 1855 mod.
    But on the other hand; a forum collegue recently baught a French 1882 mod at a auction, nothing to it, exept that after the sale a old man came up to the buyer to congratulate him on the buy;......of his grand fathers sabre! And that man was a general in the French army at the time he owned that sword.
    A pitty some story's get lost thru time...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Impressive story.
    I could not agree more.
    To some, the stories are simply ripe for the dunghill - to me, the associated stories to items are everything in the sense, that I am avidly interested in hearing the stories, that the veterans/families tell.

In a buying situation, of course always buy the item - not the story. But thats another subject.

Somebody with a mind to could write a terrific book about militaria stories--the good, bad, and ugly! There are incredible items and history out there and its a shame these stories are lost forever sometimes. But hope springs eternal as there are items, as I type, sitting somewhere, forgotten by time, waiting to see the light of day again.

Default Indo Persian powder flask made from a Camels Penis & Scrotum

Not sure if this one counts but its an Indo Persian powder flask made from a Camels Penis & Scrotum. Probably between 200-300 years old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by BullandHaynes View Post
    Not sure if this one counts but its an Indo Persian powder flask made from a Camels Penis & Scrotum. Probably between 200-300 years old.
    Probably the strangest item shown so far.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast