Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

what is the oldest item you have in your collection?

Article about: I too have a small collection of fossils etc. But in terms of militaria the oldest item I have is probably a Napoleonic era British Artillery button that came in a box of odds at auction. Th

Quote by odal View Post
    Here the "Militärpaß" of my grandfathers father:
    correct me if im wrong but the date is 1901?

One of the oldest military items I own, is a Danish ammunition pouch that was used during the 1864 war, abroad known as the Second Schleswig War. Second Schleswig War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The small compartment in front, is for the percussion caps, since the Danish army did not issue a special "cap pouch". Each rifleman would have been issue two of these pouches, very much like later ammunition pouches in the great wars in the next century.

SAM_0805.jpg

SAM_0809.jpg

SAM_0810.jpg

SAM_0811.jpg

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    One of the oldest military items I own, is a Danish ammunition pouch that was used during the 1864 war, abroad known as the Second Schleswig War. Second Schleswig War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The small compartment in front, is for the percussion caps, since the Danish army did not issue a special "cap pouch". Each rifleman would have been issue two of these pouches, very much like later ammunition pouches in the great wars in the next century.

SAM_0805.jpg

SAM_0809.jpg

SAM_0810.jpg

SAM_0811.jpg
    Nice ammo pouch leather is in very good condition!!

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    Nice ammo pouch leather is in very good condition!!
    Ohh, but the looks are deceiving

The outside is always kept well cared for, and have been cared for extensively for the past 100+ years.
    However the inside is a different story. The small pouch for the caps is extremely brittle, and very delicate.
    All the internals are very fragile. The springs sewn in the leather are not helping either... But overall in great shape, its age considered.

Its is different to actually own something that took part in something that had such a significant impact on my countries history and self-image. There was a Denmark before 1864 and after 1864. Not even the Second World War (or the first) had such a significant impact on our self-image.

?

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    correct me if im wrong but the date is 1901?
    Yes, "1901".

Not my oldest item, but one of the oldest and one of my favorite oldies. I also have miscellaneous ground dug "dropped" Civil War bullets and some fired bullets.

Edit: as a side note to the item, it was a Craigs List find. Goodies are still out there to be found!

DSC_0950.jpg
    DSC_0952.jpg
    DSC_0957.jpg
    DSC_0959.jpg
    DSC_0973.jpg
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 08-30-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Todd,
    Beautiful helmet
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Great helmet!!

Thank you kindly

Default Roman spear head.

Hi guys. Nice items you all show here ! Like them all ! here is my oldest item ! Roman spear head from around 2-300 AD.
    Found on an old battlefield in holland. Don`t know exactly where. Forgot to ask the guy I bougt it from, where
    he found it !! My big mistake ! But still think it`s a nice piece of history ! SF
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast