Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

'What Soldiers Do.....'

Article about: Another controversial book I'm sure! The GIs who raped France: We know about the mass rape of German women by Stalin's soldiers. Now a new book reveals American troops committed thousands of

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: 'What Soldiers Do.....'

Definitely a side of the story not often heard. I'm sure many of us here in the U.S. would like to think that all of our men went to fight against oppression and evil, but I guess that is not always the case. The book seems like an interesting read.

I'm sure it happened but the numbers must have been tiny compared to the Russian rapes in eastern Europe and Germany, but no matter how few it shouldn't have happened!...

?

As always, be aware the thread is being monitored and any controversial comments will be deleted and the thread closed.

Read the article but unless you have anything sensible to say, don't bother replying.

Do not turn it into another 'whose side was the worst' type discussion with finger pointing and idiotic comments blaming the other side for the worst war crimes etc.

For the time being let it continue.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I wasn't trying to imply who was worst Adrian, in my eyes a war crime is a war crime.

Armies are comprised of all segments of a nation's society...that includes the bad ones as well...Although I recall that many newly liberated women were quite willing to trade their favors for HersheyBars, Nylons, LuckyStrikes, etc...
    Cheers, Glenn

It's a lovely read indeed...

this was on sunday morning this morning and they had an interview with the author and 2 researchers it was very interesting !!!