Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What are the strangest (military) things collected?

Article about: I'm no longer surprised when I see something in the "New Posts" which I've never seen before....and I don't mean RARE bits of "normal" stuff either. ...I mean the stuff t

Weird and wonderful stuff. Rene you've got some uncommonly seen stuff. And Aldo's magazine, reminds me of some Popular Mechanics magazines from the 1930's, I got from my grandfather. They also were packed with extremely odd advertisements, numerous trusses for hernia ruptures as I remember.

Talking

How unusual is it to have a carabiner section in your collection?

20190126_130400.jpg

For anyone similarly afflicted they are:

LHS (from top) - UK Op HERRICK 'Black Bag' issue
    UK general use / abseiling (Adventurous Training?)
    US 'snap link'

RHS - trial samples of two plastic non-load bearing types

...bearing in mind most of us spend ages trying to think of how we can hang stuff up and display it......please tell me you hang these on something....or are they on velvet in a drawer? :-)

Cool

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    ...The SAS post bottle is engraved not just with printed labels like most you see...
    Bottles you say Jerry?

Not so unusual I am afraid

Some examples of printed SAS and SRR labels / packaging … for some different tipples … My engraved bottle of port is not from quite such an illustrious unit though … but it is full (for the moment)

Have to say the SRR 'Red' was horrible!!!

20190227_211731.jpg
    Last edited by brickie501; 02-28-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...bearing in mind most of us spend ages trying to think of how we can hang stuff up and display it......please tell me you hang these on something....or are they on velvet in a drawer? :-)
    Its relevant but hardly inspired Compo; they generally hang on an abseil 'leg loop' in a wardrobe I'm afraid

......this thread's been running for a few weeks now and I'm immensely grateful to everyone for sharing their......errrr.....oddities.......but the kindness of you all has confirmed a doubt I've had for many years about myself and other fellow Militarians......that being, we REALLY do collect some sh*t don't we? :-)

Egg cup I think post '45

?

I don't know if you can call these strange, I do know they have not yet been added to this thread.
    So here they are, my recently acquired DDR stamp blocks. I just came across these and decided to buy a bunch of them. I have some more then the ones posted, but I haven't taken the time to take some photos of them.

DDR Blokken 3.jpgDDR Blokken 2.jpgDDR Blokken 1.jpg
    Dirt cheap and just fun little items to add to my DDR collection.

Regards, Rik

P.s. Keep this thread going.

...keep 'em coming guys....'met a guy the other day who collected Muzzle Brakes.....the bulbous bits on the end of A/T guns and the like.........

oh and I have no intention of closing a Thread which has such promise....I'm sure there's a lot more to come!!!

Aust Petrol burner unit '45 working but I will never try it again!!! WOOF!!!!!! bastard thing!!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-25-2019 at 05:19 AM. Reason: added pic

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast