MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What Was The worst Military Related Pricing Fail of all Time

Article about: Here is the link to the ad on Craigslist for the Luftschutz WWII German helmet. Rare!!!

Default Re: What Was The worst Military Related Pricing Fail of all Time

And let's not forget our old forum member "militarymania" recently selling his Known fake Ritter to some poor sucker for £7,580.81..... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

To tell you the truth I'm always amazed on the prices some people are asking for original WWII German tunics on E-Bay-I think some sellers in the East think we in the West will pay any price for an original WWII Gernman item. My two cents!

?

Hey everybody check out my collection post its up right now so you guys can see it!!!

?

I just saw a guy today at an antique market is selling a luftaschltz helmet for $375!!!

Well this is all well and good, but how about the PURCHASES you have made from people not knowing what they'd got ?

Some examples of my more memorable carboot buys.

WW2 German gas mask tin, in superb condition with the spare eye lens but no mask - £3
    WW2 50 cal ammo tin - 50p
    WW2 30 cal ammo tin - 50p
    RAF mark VII goggles - £2
    1943 dated 25lber case - £2
    WW2 German incendiary bomb fin in superb condition - £3
    Full set of 'The second Great War' (9 volumes, hardback) - £5

Steve T

?

I myself was so lucky to get a 1934 DLV porcelain plaque AND a DLV shirt patch w the logo, both mint, for something that resembles 50$

?

I saw us leggings going for $35 Rip Off

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Well this is all well and good, but how about the PURCHASES you have made from people not knowing what they'd got ?
    My best purchase was a ground-dug Spitfire oil access hatch. A guy phoned me and asked if I was interested in a small piece of fuselage. I said "yes I'll have it". I paid him his money (£6), and he sent it in the post. It was only when it arrived that I realised what it was.

I sold it a few months later for £560

I don't pay much mind to the price tag on items in antique shops. One I frequent has a booth fulled with militaria, german, jap, US. I've picked up a lower dollar bayo from him for 1/2 the sticker price (probably still paid too much after getting home and looking it over) and he's offered me huge discounts on the tagged prices of a couple helmets. He's got a complete, named, fixed bail M-1 marked for $500 that I know I can walk out with for $250, but I question the authenticity of the named pieces.

Best deal I think someone else ever got, they guy the purchased the WWII Jap saber and dagger pair my mom sold at a VFW flea market sale for .....Hold On To Your Socks..... $4.00 US (four stinking bucks). I remember this set from when I was very small, always bugged my dad if I could play with them....when I got older he gave them to me and when I left for the Navy they stayed locked up in the foot locker at the house. I guess at some point my mom and dad broke the lock and emptied the contents (I'm sure they asked me) and that was the end of that, I didn't remember them being in there and wasn't even a thought until my son started collection. Oh Well, let's hope they have a good home.

Hi,
    I see some talking about normandy and the fakes, if any of you go to Deadmans corner, you will find it full to the brim with fakes. But they seem to make a mint of money there as it,s always full of tourist,
    you can find some good pieces if you look in the right places, or just go and dig the dunes at Utah beach we found some nice bits.
    Dave.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4