Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What would you do ?

Article about: Gday all, Noticed something in the classifieds last night.I will not name the item but this particular piece of militatia was highly under valued due to mis-identification. This particular i

?

Default re: What would you do ?

It is up to the seller to ensure that they price the item accordingly, and normally its the buyers good luck if that item has been sold underpriced, however within this forum i would hope that we as members would act fairly and come to a reasonable agreement that makes both parties happy, outside of the forum its fair game, everyone likes to get a good deal and sometimes a good steal, ive been fortunate before and ended up with a couple of items that should have cost a great deal more, thats buyers luck and sellers misfortune, but i couldnt do that to people who i either know or talk to on a regular basis

?

Mayby he was asking a low price to move it on. I have done that with some things over the years just because it wasn't my thing and I didn't care to keep it around.
    But then again I have been hit in the head a lot too..

Lol, Steve !

And I agree with you Dave, however this seller we are on about has only
    a minumum of posts. I do not recognise his 'handle' nor do I recall
    seeing him on the 'regular' Forum at all.

It's true that some people will join up just to find out what their item is
    and it's value, simply to turn around and sell it off. We then become
    a free appraisal/evaluation service.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-05-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks gent's for your reply's and opinions.
    Good on ya fella's
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

In that case i have very little sympathy with people who are just joining to sell their wares, but that in itself in inherently dangerous, thats almost becoming like an E-bay sale, your buying something that in all fairness could be a high end fake and we all know that anyone can be fooled, i thought a safer way to do this was that prior to any item being offered on the classified listings it should first be shown on the main forum whereby it could be reviewed, there have already been instances of items being removed by Admin because they have been proven to be suspect, but its not really fair to expect mods or admin to review items for sale all the time, it should be down to members to self police the items prior to being listed for sale and if that was to be the case then it would sift out any suspect item and until it had been reviewed it couldnt go on the classifieds, this would also stop people from joining just to sell items and take the money and run

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    it should be down to members to self police the items prior to being listed for sale
    The situation is that the membership as a whole should police the sales section, not leave the responsibility to others. If you see something that concerns you, call it out and start a discussion thread in the correct sub forum and also inform the seller out of courtesy.
    I have said many times before here though, you have to use your own common sense when buying anything online. If you're happy to send a few hundred of your hard earned pounds/euros/dollars etc (delete as applicable) to a complete stranger on the other side of the world off the back of that person making a single post here, then please don't complain if you get ripped off.
    We can police the content of the forum but we can't police you or your actions!!!!!
    Unfortunately there is no way to enforce a vetting of the items prior to them being sold. I don't believe the sales section is like ebay because if a fake gets spotted here the item can be discussed, a polite warning comment left on the sales thread and if necessary, the item removed from sale. I would support a minimum post count before a member can sell an item though. It seems to wheedle out the 'in it for a quick buck' members on another non militaria forum I belong to.
    However, things aren't all bad though, someone here apparently got a bargain!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

After reading the various comments, I can see both sides of the argument....but I would still tend to err on the side of caution and contact them, if they are happy to sell at that price the have at it....I think all of the regulars here would look out for eachother and play fair, those after a quick buck, well that's all they will get, and a forum member who will appreciate the item for what it is, and it's value will be pleased to have it and look after it!!!!
    I'd prefer to see items go to those who appreciate its history, rather thsn be held by someone with no idea!!!

?

If I knew the person I would speak up and I think from a moral point of view I'd inform other members but I have to admit not all members here are honest,I've recently come to accept the fact I've lost $245 AUD through a bad transaction that started from WRF but I have to admit I was too trusting and sent the funds via western union so no chance of a refund...anyway the guys details are below in case anyone else thinks about dealing with him...

Syrtsov Andrey Valentinovich
    Lenina st.45 flat 12
    Saint-Petersburg
    Russia

Came across very polite,friendly and helpful but unfortunately I can't find my first PM too him for some reason so can't supply username,sale was for 5 SS cartidges in a frame,never arrived after 3 months,offered new set but reckoned he couldn't send them so said he'd refund but after I agreed never heard from since,over 4 months now so that money is gone....bugger...good lesson

?

Quote by Torch View Post
    If I knew the person I would speak up and I think from a moral point of view I'd inform other members but I have to admit not all members here are honest,I've recently come to accept the fact I've lost $245 AUD through a bad transaction that started from WRF but I have to admit I was too trusting and sent the funds via western union so no chance of a refund...anyway the guys details are below in case anyone else thinks about dealing with him...

Syrtsov Andrey Valentinovich
    Lenina st.45 flat 12
    Saint-Petersburg
    Russia

Came across very polite,friendly and helpful but unfortunately I can't find my first PM too him for some reason so can't supply username,sale was for 5 SS cartidges in a frame,never arrived after 3 months,offered new set but reckoned he couldn't send them so said he'd refund but after I agreed never heard from since,over 4 months now so that money is gone....bugger...good lesson
    What's his username here on the forum?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Torch, I feel sorry for you and its disappointing that this happens on the forum, but before naming someone I hope you have contacted the Moderators in order to attempt to act as arbitor in this matter, if you havent done so I would advise that you do, they may be able to help to recoup your money or the goods paid for

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast