Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What would your souvenir be if you fought in WW2?

Article about: If you were a soldier and you could pick any one item (realistic items, not hitlers uniform) and ship it into a box back home, what would you choose?

?

Default What would your souvenir be if you fought in WW2?

If you were a soldier and you could pick any one item (realistic items, not hitlers uniform) and ship it into a box back home, what would you choose?

I've always had a fascination for edged weapons. So I would most likely
    pick an Honor dagger or sword. If we we talking ww1 then my pick would
    have been a German sawtooth bayonet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I would like to have picked up a nice documented photo album full of pictures and captions of whom the people were in the pictures, like some that were found at the Eagle's Nest or in one of the High Ranking officials houses or headquarters..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

My one bring back would be a duffel bag (filled up like Santa's sack with hats, helmets, awards, uniforms, edge weapons, pistols, etc. ) Would toss all my cloths to fit as much as possible.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I knew a Col. in charge of intelligence for the 466 Heavy Bomber group at Attelbridge UK from 1943 when it was opened as an 8th AF base until the end of the war. He was flown into Koblenz just days after the German resistance in the city had ended to do bomb damage assessment. He told me that he happened upon a spa that was used by the Nazi Party elite. He went into one area where he found dressing areas that held uniforms belonging to HG, HH, and Adolf Hitler himself. He sad that had he not been flown in on a small fighter aircraft he would have picked up a few uniforms to send home... but there was just no room. And sice German snipers were still active it was not a high priority for him. I am sure that many such uniforms are in attics around the world....

Quote by MAP View Post
    My one bring back would be a duffel bag (filled up like Santa's sack with hats, helmets, awards, uniforms, edge weapons, pistols, etc. ) Would toss all my cloths to fit as much as possible.
    The classic wishing for more wishes scheme! Lol nice Michael. Jokes on you genie. Well played.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    The classic wishing for more wishes scheme! Lol nice Michael. Jokes on you genie. Well played.

Brian
    I ALWAYS have an angle or scheme going. Being the youngest of 5 you had to fight for the goodies or food at the table!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)