Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

What are you currently reading?

Article about: I always enjoy stumbling on good books that I haven't read or noticed before. Please share the book or books that you are currently reading . I'm sorry if a thread of this sort has already b

Got these 2 on the go at the moment, can recommend them both, they certainly highlight the brutality of war
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is the second book that I currently am reading: Barbarossa Trough Soviet Eyes: The First Twenty-Four Hours

It's great thus far and it has a lot of witness testimonies by Soviet veterans. My recommendations to everyone who are interested in the conflict on the Eastern Front. I think that witness testimonies from the Soviet perspective are seldom seen in English language.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds interesting Aleks, do you know of any other good books where written from a Soviet perspective?

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Sounds interesting Aleks, do you know of any other good books where written from a Soviet perspective?
    It indeed is, I highly recommend it!

Most of my books on this subject are in Finnish, but here's a few from my shelf and wishlist:

- Ivan's War - Life and Death in the Red Army, 1939-1945

- Voices from Stalingrad - Unique First-Hand Accounts from World War II's Cruelest Battle (All testimonies aren't from the Red Army's side, but it has a lot of great ones!)

- Moscow 1941: A City & Its People at War: A City and Its People at War

- War of the White Death: Finland Against the Soviet Union 1939-40 (There isn't a book in English, completely from the Soviet side during the Winter War, but I think this one gives the biggest glance into it)

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    - Ivan's War - Life and Death in the Red Army, 1939-1945
    Excellent book; I can recommend it to all members.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Excellent book; I can recommend it to all members.
    It certainly is! One of my personal favorites.

444232d1356937814-what-your-favorite-soldiers-memoir-autobiography-indeadlycombat.jpg

Sadly i don't have anything left to read. But i ordered in deadly combat yesterday.

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    444232d1356937814-what-your-favorite-soldiers-memoir-autobiography-indeadlycombat.jpg

Sadly i don't have anything left to read. But i ordered in deadly combat yesterday.
    Seems very interesting! Memoirs are always great reading.

Thanks Aleks, Ivan's war I already got, but I will look for the others. Im on the lookout for memoirs of Soviet frontline soldiers.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Thanks Aleks, Ivan's war I already got, but I will look for the others. Im on the lookout for memoirs of Soviet frontline soldiers.
    Amazon has a few of them.

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast