Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What are you grateful for?/What has this forum taught you?

Article about: Even though it is not thanksgiving, why don't we say what we are grateful for in this forum. Let me start: I am first of all grateful for the community itself, I've never met such an array o

Default What are you grateful for?/What has this forum taught you?

Even though it is not thanksgiving, why don't we say what we are grateful for in this forum.
    Let me start:
    I am first of all grateful for the community itself, I've never met such an array of wonderful people, you really make someone feel welcome here, no drama and we work together great, never met a nicer bunch of people. I'm also very grateful for the efficient moderator team we have on here who are doing an excellent job!

The forum has taught me a lot, I've been able to pick out fake EK2 and fake German helmets better than ever and this forum has been an endless source of great information.

Share thy feelings
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Default Re: What are you grateful for?/What has this forum taught you?

I am grateful for many things mainly the amount of threads that show the fakes and copies etc.. And I'm very happy to be a part of this forum

?

Good post Vegar, I agree with your comments and thoughts. This forum is a great place to learn, share and appreciate this wonderful hobby. And it is ran by plenty of decent hard working folk, who give up so much of their free time to help create and maintain this body of work. As for the members, its a pleasure!

Regards,

Carl

I'm thankful that I have found this forum and it's wonderful members. We all share our common interests of collecting, and can depend on one another for support and understanding, especially when many of our own family members and friends don't understand our obsession. It's nice to come here and discuss the items we love to collect in a drama free, judgement free environment. I'm also thankful that such wonderful advice comes from very caring and helpful members and moderators, all for free, or a small donation. So thanks to everyone here, regardless of your collecting expertise, and here's to many more fun and exciting years full of collecting and great conversation with great friends. Thank you!

It,s simple in my case I am grateful for the people who have shared their knowledge in their areas of collecting with me.
    If it wasn’t for that I may have passed on certain pieces which I hadn’t a clue about that happened to be genuine. Not to mention the repos that I may have been stung with.
    Plus I am learning all the time here.
    Worth $25 to me that’s for sure, glad I joined!
    Many thanks to a great bunch of guys.
    Rod

Indeed a nice forum.

?

I am grateful for cold beer and hot women. 20 year old bonded single malt Scotch whisky, spiced rum, thick beefstakes, baked potatos with lots of butter, hot women ( Oh. I mentioned that already ) and military artifacts.
    I have a long list but this is as much as I want to type.

?

I'm grateful that there is a place on the internet to discuss the hobby we share in a civil and well mannered society. There are no egos and arguments and it has taught me that collectors can engage in a good natured, good humoured, non competitive way and can also agree to disagree as grown ups and as gentlemen (ladies where applicable! ).

It's also refreshing to see fellow collectors who are genuinely pleased for each other when someone picks up a nice or rare piece for their collection. There might be some mock jealousy but everyone seems glad when another member has got a good deal or managed to obtain that elusive item.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

There is no need to write anything, just read the above posts and add my name to all of them. All of you people have been terrific, I have learnt and am still learning so much about all sorts of aspects of our hobby thanks to everyone here. This forum has educated me, saved me money, introduced me to lots of decent people and continues to help me in this hobby, on almost, a daily basis. The best thing I ever did in collecting was finding this forum. Cheers, from a very appreciative Dave.

For everything. For opening the gates of collecting.
    Before i found this forum, i knew nothing and had bought a few fakes.
    Basically i had no idea what was real and what was a fake. It was like i was a castaway but now i found my harbor.
    Cheers
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast