Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What is your favorite subject or time period in history besides WWI and WWII?

Article about: Hello, I am interested by the History and People of Thibet. Now, it's hard to go to this country, it's hard for me!

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I love the American Revolution period. Williamsburg and Yorktown Virginia are my two favorite destinations for relaxation. Walt Disney World is my favorite destination when I don't want to relax. I also enjoy the American Civil War (War of Northern Aggression), with Gettysburg being a stones throw from my house and Antietam being not much further from me.
    I likewise try to avoid calling the conflict for 'The Civil War' after being admonished in Richmond VA many years ago, that it wasnt called that but instead one called it 'The War for Northern Aggression' or 'The War Between the Sates.' I tend to use the latter ever since

ABOVE TONGUE IN CHEEK AND NOT MEANT AS A POLITICAL COMMENT (I dont care what others call it, just retelling what I thought was a funny story after meeting history-interested people from Richmond).

Quote by Scout View Post
    I likewise try to avoid calling the conflict for 'The Civil War'
    True, to use a cliched idea that can be applied to all "civil wars", there was nothing civil about it

?

Indeed.
    Seldom has a more true word been said.
    As you are in the UK, you have 'your' not so civil Roundheads and Sqareheads history as well.
    Few conflicts can be called civil, I guess.
    Some ugly atrocities have been perpetrated by inhabitants of one country on their own neighbours through history as well without being called outright 'civil war' (Fance post WWII, X-Joguslavia etc etc).

?

I would have to say the Napoleonic Wars; such a long and tremendously compelling and colorful series of conflicts. Epic personalities and battles, and such an era for a uniform buff as myself.
    A close second would be the American Civil War, especially since my great-great-grandfather served, along with other ancestors.

BobS

?

For me, the formation and growth of the Prussian empire has always been interesting. Central Europe has always been such a hotspot, it really never gets boring! Friedrich the Great is probably the most interesting monarchs of the Enlightenment, and the military pursuits of the Prussians pave a very important path for the events of the 20th century.

I also have a soft spot for the Cold War-- Espionage and political dissent at its finest! ;'D

The Cold war, fall of the ussr, Ancient rome and the English civil war

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    the English civil war
    you mean the war against Parlimentary aggression.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    you mean the war against Parlimentary aggression.
    I see your not a parliamentarian Jerry

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    I see your not a parliamentarian Jerry
    Certainly not with our current crop of politicians of any side.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4