Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What is your favorite WW2 comedy film,tv show,sketch or Character?

Article about: Over the years there has been a lot of different comedies about WW2, so what is your favorite? Personality mine is Allo Allo, and I recently found the RAF sketch on the Armstrong and Miller

?

Default Re: What is your favorite WW2 comedy film,tv show,sketch or Character?

Wild Bill I laugh my a$$ off every time I watch it

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

For me, it's "To Be or Not to Be". Specifically - heretical though it may be - not Ernst Lubitsch's original, but the Mel Brooks remake from 1983. It simply works better for me, and the cast is wonderful, right down to the supporting roles.
    (Charles Durning as SS Colonel Ehrhardt and Christopher Lloyd as his much-abused, nervous adjutant Schultz always crack me up.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-14-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Lieutenant Gruber from Allo Allo --- in his "little tank" below

GruberlittleTank.jpg

... too funny

Oh yes To be or not to be!!!! You have done to Shakespeare what whe done to Poland. I hope you can undestand!

It's Hogan's Heros for me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Captain Mainwaring !!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hogan's Heros is my favorite, followed by Kelly's Heros. I did see "1941" and thought it was a good movie, But not a classic!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

cross of iron.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    cross of iron.
    One of the best comedies ?? Lol!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    One of the best comedies ?? Lol!

Nick
    Yeah, when the "heroic" officer Stransky can't reload at the end and James Coburn is wetting himself, I find that pretty funny lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast