Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What are your favorite WWII quotes?

Article about: Post your favorite WWII quotes! Here are some of mine: "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry Crowe (Guadalcanal, 1943) "

Default What are your favorite WWII quotes?

Post your favorite WWII quotes!

Here are some of mine:

"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry Crowe (Guadalcanal, 1943)

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Erwin Rommel

"Oh merciful Lord crown our effort with victory, and give us faith in the inevitable power of light over darkness, of justice over evil and brutal force, of the cross of Christ over the Fascist swastika, so be it, amen." -Archbishop of Moscow

And now, the best quote of all time...

"We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old." -Sir Winston Churchill

?

Default Re: What are your favorite WWII quotes?

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

Winston Churchill.

You can't get a better or more true statement than that.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

"They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."

bomber Harris

?

'Nuts!'

"Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation."

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    "Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation."
    You live and breathe that movie......

Not a WW2 quote, but one that i have always thought prosaic; The essence of war is violence, moderation in war is Imbecility. J.A. Fisher

I would,nt call it my Fav quote but I do get goose bumps with it's meaning.
    IDEA'S ARE AS DANGEROUS AS GUNS.I DON'T LET THE PEOPLE HAVE GUNS SO WHY SHOULD WE ALLOW THEM TO HAVE IDEA'S.
    J STALIN.

"Macht Schluss Ihr Idioten!"
    von Rundstedt

"Wo ist Wenck?"
    Hitler

And my fav.
    Lt Col Ralph Honners speech to his men (39th Militia Battalion) after there stand on the Kokoda track,Menari village 6th Sep. 1942
    Now I don’t know a lot of you by name, but I know you.
    We met at Isurava. We fought there together and every step of the way here.
    Now we are relieved and we will leave the battle.
    And every day the enemy supply line stretches further. He suffers now as you have suffered.
    The battle we fought for the track may have just saved your nation. At Imita we will stop him.
    Brigadier wants you to know…your gallantry, your courage, your fortitude are an inspiration.
    And I want you to know that you are some of the finest soldiers that I have ever seen.
    You have seen things in this place that no man should witness.
    Some of these things you must forget. But history will remember you, and in the years to come others will wish that they had your conviction.
    And remember…remember the glory is not the exhortation of war, but the exhortation of man.
    Mans nobility, made transcendent in the fiery crucible of war.
    Faithfulness and fortitude.
    Gentleness and compassion.
    I am honored to be your brother.” — Lt Col Ralph Honner DSO MC

Cheers
    Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast