Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

What was your first item?

Article about: A karneth kvk2 with swords and a Wiedmann ostmedaille.

Default Re: What was your first item?

Thanks for all the responses. Its very interesting to see what got you all started. Do you think the first item you had has shaped your collecting today?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Its very interesting to see what got you all started. Do you think the first item you had has shaped your collecting today?
    Not at all. I started out quite random and have now focus on KM items.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Probably not from my point of view and collecting interests nowadays but it got me interested in WW2 history,

As an anecdote, my Dad is one of those people who would always pick things up 'just in case it comes in useful'. There is a record player in my parents living room which he made from a 1940s shop fitting which has the record player under a lift up lid. When you lift the lid, a light comes on. The light and the electrical components come from a B-17 navigators station. He 'picked them up' at an airfield shortly after the war ended and before he was de-mobbed.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Probably not from my point of view and collecting interests nowadays but it got me interested in WW2 history,

As an anecdote, my Dad is one of those people who would always pick things up 'just in case it comes in useful'. There is a record player in my parents living room which he made from a 1940s shop fitting which has the record player under a lift up lid. When you lift the lid, a light comes on. The light and the electrical components come from a B-17 navigators station. He 'picked them up' at an airfield shortly after the war ended and before he was de-mobbed.......
    Haha! Fantastic. My dad was like that but never bought anything useful or interesting! The only things i have "found" within my family are a few sweetheart badges, my grandfathers cloth shoulder titles and a cap badge. Being the youngest female doesn't help, things were left to my brother being a man who unfortunately wont tell anyone the history that my grandfather told him.

My grandmother's civillian gasmask was given to me when I was seven years old. I remember it appearing from the loft one day and me saying that I would like it. So my collection began. Photographed here with some accessories from other sources.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My dad found a spent .50cal cartridge and a 1940 dated Australian Army tunic under a house in Rockhampton when I was 15, I still have both pieces stashed away back home.

The first piece in my serious German WW2 collection was a Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz.

?

The first items in my collection were my grandfathers war medals (apart for the German cross)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I suppose it has because i collect mostly German stuff, but i've branched out and now have some Soviet, US and Italian items!..

?

first one was 1914 -15 .. Wilhelm II & Franz Joseph in 1968, got the rest later

Somewhat, I keep adding to my AAF collection that I do not know if I would have if I did not have my great grandpas stuff as an inspiration. I now collect US army, USMC, and Navy as well, and I have small bits of German and British kits as well. If I had the money I would collect every country and era

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast