Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What was your first War item?

Article about: Just curious. Mine was a WW2 American canteen. Unfortunately, I was 5 when I bought it. I used it a lot, when I played "army". I still have it, but it is in rough shape. Tell me yo

Default Re: What was your first War item?

The first non Aust army thing (i.e. not issued to me) was a Berthier carbine knife bayonet for the M1892 given to me by a friend in the early 1980s-not in the greatest of condition but I suppose like most people now a cherished possession.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The first non Aust army thing (i.e. not issued to me) was a Berthier carbine knife bayonet for the M1892 given to me by a friend in the early 1980s-not in the greatest of condition but I suppose like most people now a cherished possession.
    That's nice. My best friend is starting to collect. He will join soon. I hooked him up with a Good Conduct Medal and ribbon from Vietnam.

My First item as a bronze star that I picked up for $15 when I was 13. I also got and American Defence medal on the same day. When I got home and my dad saw what I got, he went out to the shed and brought back a WWII Jap bayonet, which he gave to me. Those were my firsts. : )

the first thing i bought was a armband from a flea market when was about 10 years old, i've gotten stuff from my family members military service, but this one was the first. paid $20. took me 4 birthdays to save for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. Is it real? 4 Birthdays is 5 dollars! I usually make 50 dollars a birthday. But, then again you are 13 years older than me.

?

Frank was a mess hall Sgt. feeding prisoners in line... this guy had a Luft uniform on and the dagger, Frank thought it was a Luft dagger all those years, I told him what it was after he gave it to me, he died about 1995

An M40 no decal German helmet, given to me when I was about 8 years old by my Uncle Charlie, who sent it home from Normandy. He was in the 23rd Reg. 2nd ID, and landed second wave on D-Day, and fought as a BAR operator throughout the Normandy and Brittany campaigns. I still have it, and can guarantee that it will stay on my shelf until the day I die. Jim G.

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Nice. Is it real? 4 Birthdays is 5 dollars! I usually make 50 dollars a birthday. But, then again you are 13 years older than me.
    i think it's real. my grandma gave everyone five dollars for their birthday, i blew a lot of my money as soon as i got it.

mine was a 1941 jos corts matching #'s bayonet & scabbard, paid 100.00 for it, still have it today.

my first item was 26 years ago when i was 8 and was a nice ss dagger i got from my uncel but as many things when i was a child (im still one but who cares) it got lost one day and i have never seen it again, but was fun the time i had it in my hands and today i miss this one

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast