Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What was your first War item?

Article about: Just curious. Mine was a WW2 American canteen. Unfortunately, I was 5 when I bought it. I used it a lot, when I played "army". I still have it, but it is in rough shape. Tell me yo

Default Re: What was your first War item?

Quote by klinger View Post
    my first item was 26 years ago when i was 8 and was a nice ss dagger i got from my uncel but as many things when i was a child (im still one but who cares) it got lost one day and i have never seen it again, but was fun the time i had it in my hands and today i miss this one
    How might you have lost it?

I lived near an old army / navy surplus store and found a WWII M1 helmet liner, then I told the owner I also was searching for the steell shell to complete the set and eventually got the that too, I wanted a WWII steel helmet really bad, because I was hooked on those classic WWII war movies like MERRIL'S MAURADERS, KELLY'S HEROES, The BATTLE of The Bulge, etc.

I dont have my first helmet anymore

I liked combat helmets since early childhood and still enjoy collecting them today

Mine was a No 4 Mk II spike bayonet - IIRC (and it was a long time ago !) I paid 50 pence for it in 1972 - still have it somewhere.

Now I'm up to about 400 bayonets and fighting knives ... and feeling old thinking about 1972.

Richie

?

Mine was shot gun shells i used to collect them when we walked the dogs i had over 250 as my biological father was a hunter and i just went from there

mine was my dads gulf war collection from when he was armourer there in 91 stuff like iraqi helmet his mk6 helmet and all his gear and some cool pics ill have to post the pics quite good

tom

My father bought my brother and myself an Aussie ww11 tin hat each after we pestered him for weeks, he was disgusted at the price because he had thrown his into the sea from a troop ship coming home, glad to be rid of it. He paid $1.10 for each of ours!

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Just curious. Mine was a WW2 American canteen. Unfortunately, I was 5 when I bought it. I used it a lot, when I played "army". I still have it, but it is in rough shape. Tell me yours. Even if it is a fake.
    My first piece was a trench arted base from a WW1 4.5 inch Howitzer shell case. It has an Army Service Corps button set into its centre. I bought that when i was about 10 years old and it was £3.00-i saved my £1 a week pocket money and bought it from the old antiques shop run by a lil old lady at the top of Broadway High Street. I still have it along with my second ever buy a few weeks after was a 25-pounder shell case that the Antiques shop owner in Evesham let me have for £1!!!! I recall vividly going into the shop thinking ive not got enough money for that, the old guy looked down at me clutching my old £1 note and said "to you its a pound"! Fond memories of my early collecting days! Regards, Tim.

?

Here I am young and I got my first item about.......9 months ago? i was still 12 when i got my mutter kreuz bronze for free from eagle relics (thanks John Brandon).
    my collection is the best hobby in the world, i must take anouther look in my local antique shop, she has a british helmet for sale with plastic liner. i must inspect it some more.
    anyhow, lovely stories!

cheers,
    -Patrick

?

My first pieces were my grandfathers "sniff kit" and his trench shovel i found while cleaning out his old shed. I have been addicted ever since

My great-uncle gave me this 10 or 15yrs ago... I was idle in terms of collecting for a while, but I have always been addicted to WW2 "stuff." Luckily, my drive to collect has come alive as of late...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast