Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Whats behind your profile name?

Article about: well mine is short for oberschutze krieger, which i used as my first online username for a game called medal of honor allied assault. it kinda just stuck haha. btw krieger means warrior in g

Default Re: Whats behind your profile name?

My name was given to me in the army. I was (so I am told) very good at rooting out things. One of my weapons and ammo finds in Ireland tends to back up this claim to fame.

What would that have been Harry...?

Mine happens to be the company I am assigned to in the fire department.

Quote by SatansCabanaBoy View Post
    What would that have been Harry...?
    I don't follow what you mean. Just exactly what would what have been?

?

AK stands for Alaska where I am from and bear is my nick name!!

I have two loves opera and my collection.My dog and wife goes without saying

So Operaman-German, Italian, French or are you a G&S man?

Well mate,I think my favorate would be Italian followed very closely my German My Favorate operstar is Dame Joan Sutherland,Franco Corelli.I have had dinner with Dame Joan and Sir Richard.A few years back when they were touring with the Met.My wife and I were in charge of the after opera supper.We saw her and Luchino Pavarotti,sing The Daughter of the Regement.Wonderful.Hasve you ever been to the Sidney opera house?

My uncle, Charlie Geanuracos, was in the 23rd Regiment, Second Infantry Division. He landed on D-day, second wave (several thousand 2nd ID men indeed landed on D-day in this role, even though the history books list the official date of the Division's debarkation as 6/7/44!) with an over strength rifle squad assigned to defend engineers dismantling beach obstacles, and fought as a front line soldier throughout the Normandy campaign and the Brittany campaign until his 3rd wound, suffered at Brest on 9/14/44, sent him home. He landed as a rifleman, but the BAR man in his squad was killed on 6/12/44. Charlie picked up the weapon as was the BAR man in his squad until he was, in his words, "knocked off" during the Brest fighting. He was called "The Heebie Geebie Greek on the BAR" by his buddies, all of whom were wounded or killed at out of action long before Charlie's "million dollar wound", because he loved to dance, and, as he described it, when he fired the weapon on full auto in the prone position, again in his words, "that son of a bitch had me hopping like a Mexican jumping bean!" He gave me my first helmet, a no decal M40, taken from the first Wehrmacht soldier Charlie "encountered" in Normandy, when I was 8. I became intensely focused on the history of the WWII as a result of my admiration for this gentle man who was forced to do, and endure, horrible things during his 3+ months of combat, and about 30 years ago, began to collect helmets. Hence, the handle, HELMET2ID, helmets, and the Second Infantry Division, "Second to None!" Jim G.

Operaman-no, I haven't been to Sydney-it's on the other side of the continent from me & I haven't had a reason to go there-more of a general classical music fan myself but I love the Rossini overtures.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast