Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Whats behind your profile name?

Article about: well mine is short for oberschutze krieger, which i used as my first online username for a game called medal of honor allied assault. it kinda just stuck haha. btw krieger means warrior in g

?

Default Re: Whats behind your profile name?

When I was in high school I bought a military jeep. It was an M422A1 "Mighty Mite". These were special jeeps made for the Marines and used in Viet Nam. They had aluminum bodies and were powered by an air-cooled V4 motor. They only weighed 1640 lbs. And they only made 3922 of them! I later bought a second one for spare parts. My avatar is a picture of my "good" one...

Mike

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Roger,
    You look like a pretty serious dude. Next time I ride through Indiana,
    I think I might pay a little closer attention to the speed limit.
    I envie you guy's, a new law in Belgium forbid's us to ride the bike with short sleeves!! And in addition we must wear gloves and descent shoes AND no shorts.
    Typical Belgian law!! They don't refere to wich longue sleeves you have to wear; that could be a pyjama.... Lucky I live near the Dutch border, in that country they leave to the "commoun sence" of the driver what to wear.....
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nothing to secretive about mine.
    Thats right, im from Venezuela and my name is Fred

I'll be buggered Fred,I would never of guessed.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I envie you guy's, a new law in Belgium forbid's us to ride the bike with short sleeves!! And in addition we must wear gloves and descent shoes AND no shorts.
    WOW, That's pretty harsh however---I always wear long pants (Jeans) and good boots
    when riding.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Typical Belgian law!! They don't refere to wich longue sleeves you have to wear; that could be a pyjama.... Lucky I live near the Dutch border, in that country they leave to the "commoun sence" of the driver what to wear.....
    |<ris
    Well, perhaps you'd enjoy the pleasure of months of extensive skin grafting and muscle flap reconstruction work required to repair the damage done by not wearing the correct gear should you crash. I should know, having worked in A&E and seeing the resulting injuries. I used to ride a motorcycle in my twenties and have crashed my bike a couple of times, I was very happy to wear a leather jacket and boots.

By the way, there is nothing behind my profile name, it is what my mother calls me. I'm Al to my friends.

Lazer4856- Lazer is a highschool nickname from the football team, literally after a while people did not know my real name. They only new me by Lazer. 48 Was my highschool football number, i had to change it while playing university. and 56 was a number i wore just once, on a provincial team, but it was also the number of my dads life long friend who played proffessionally and passed away due to cancer when i was young.

Why Luxembourg? So because I come from the beautiful little country Luxembourg
    Greetings
    Last edited by Luxembourg; 03-16-2012 at 06:47 PM.

I'm a cadet in the merchant navy and Tzipi is short for Tzipora my name

Quote by Alexander View Post
    Well, perhaps you'd enjoy the pleasure of months of extensive skin grafting and muscle flap reconstruction work required to repair the damage done by not wearing the correct gear should you crash. I should know, having worked in A&E and seeing the resulting injuries. I used to ride a motorcycle in my twenties and have crashed my bike a couple of times, I was very happy to wear a leather jacket and boots.

By the way, there is nothing behind my profile name, it is what my mother calls me. I'm Al to my friends.
    Hey Al, nice to meet you!
    The reply you gave is the reply you get all the time from anyone.
    And I agree in a way, but when I start my engine (and I drive on a daily base winter and summer!)I am" steadfast" that I will not fall!
    I have been driving (bigger) bikes from the age of 16 ( that is 35 years!), and yes I did crash a few times, but that is part of the sport.
    And knowing how to fall and where to land or not to land, is kind of a part as well of the biking experience. At thise momment I am riding my 13 th bike (hope it is a lucky number), and only crashed 3 of them into a total loss.And yes it resulted in fractures and stiches.
    It is just that bikes are getting to be victime of theyre own succes.
    What is next are we going to need to wear a full armor, on a bike? The bike always have given me that special feeling of freedom and I am losing that at thise momment.
    I also feel I am driving in a more agressive way now, because ; "nothing can happen, I am wearing full protected clothing!!"...
    Back in the old days I even neglected to wear a helmet, it was just a 15 euro fine, if you got caught, can't do that anymore fine's are quiet more expensive these days.
    I think "that "risk is a personal risk that one has to find out for his self.
    I am self-employed and my personal inssurance doesn't cover personal injury's if I would have a bike accident. So I am aware it is at my personal expenses and risk's when driving a bike. Well in that case let ME choose how I am sitting on that bike or what I am wearing!
    Every year again people are drowning on a recreational base, are they goign to make every one that gets in to the water to wear life saving float buoy's...???
    Yes , I am ..... about it!
    Nothing personale, note! ;-)
    |<ris
    ps sorry to got of topic! It will not happen again! ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast