MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What's on your agenda for 2014

Article about: It has to be an SS dagger for me..somehow ! Nick

?

USAAF Flight suits. From Head to Toe and some full size male mannequins to display them and the AAF Enlisted & Officer uniforms I have put together this year. I also need one female mannequin for my WAC SSgt uniform I got from my Aunt that served in the CBI theater.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I'm currently in negotiations for a named and ranked mint SS NCOs black visor and am confident the transactions will be completed at the beginning of the new year. I am also interested in purchasing a second pattern Heer panzer wrap; good to very good condition, period shortened or not, a "one looker" so to speak, chicken wire helmet of any model, and a tunic removed ca. 36-37 SS officers sleeve eagle in very good to excellent condition.
    Two items I have been searching for due to family history but have yet to find are a Heer infantry musicians tunic (the bandsmen schwalbennester must be of the short variant so that it is possible the owner was a sax player) as well a high ranking SA Doctors tunic. I was nearing final negotiations with the owner of one until he realized it was already sold. It was a third pattern SA tunic named to a Dr. von Goeldel, who was an SA Standartenführer just incase anyone knows the current owner and can inform him I am searching for it.
    Last, but probably highest upon my list, I'm always on the hunt for a black SS tunic in good plus condition, though I've had some horrible luck with prior attempts to purchase a few lately. This could be my fault as I tend to hesitate due to fear of reapplied insignia. I always seem to second guess myself when images are all that is available.
    Good luck to all, and I hope you all are able to find exactly what you're looking for during this upcoming year.

Another tough question. I have too many in my list !!!

- Early IJN pilot helmet

- AAF Boots, Early U.S.M.C camo pants

- Canadian Helmets

- And More.......

Cheers!
    Taka

I'll start by paying off the credit card I was supposed to pay off THIS year from purchases I made LAST year. Once I do that, which I probably won't, I will focus on looking for a very good M42 combat police helmet. Then start saving up for some big purchases. My wish list currently contains a Knights Cross, a black SS officer visor and a SS combat helmet. But I will probably end up picking up a few things along the way, so I am always on the lookout for WWI US uniforms that are identified and contain photos, and any helmets that grab my attention. But I'm almost positive none of this will go as planned.

Happy Hunting in 2014!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    ...Knights Cross, a black SS officer visor and a SS combat helmet...
    As I always say, go big or go home!

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    As I always say, go big or go home!
    If I go big, I might not have a home to go back to! LOL

Quote by helmetone View Post
    If I go big, I might not have a home to go back to! LOL
    Now I'm picturing some bearded homeless man sitting on a sidewalk downtown with a Knights Cross around his neck and a black SS tunic thrown over his dirty windbreaker begging for money.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Now I'm picturing some bearded homeless man sitting on a sidewalk downtown with a Knights Cross around his neck and a black SS tunic thrown over his dirty windbreaker begging for money.
    Not a tunic! Good lord I don't have money for one of those.

?

I am looking forward to meeting up with some fellow collectors I have long admired and viewing some incredibly amazing collections.
    Regards,
    John

2014 may be a big house move year for me.
    If so I may finally get an opportunity to sort out and correctly display all my relic helmets & equipment.
    Also to purge some of the other clutter from earlier interests. ( cars, guitars, 1/2 finished projects of both)
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast