Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

What's your newest Militaria purchase?

Article about: Hi guys, forgive me if this is already mentioned elsewhere but, if not? I was wondering what your newest militaria purchase was. Mine include a nice General Assault Badge, another War Merit

Default Re: What's your newest Militaria purchase?

My latest is a Second World War British Invalids Anti Gas Helmet (Helmet Respirator) It was a bargain for such a rare mask and hopefully it will bring more attention to my display

Thumbs up Re: What's your newest Militaria purchase?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Chris, you are correct on the doc. A useful peice for the researcher.

Cheers, Ade.
    Cheers Ade, thank you for confirming it for me. The Document apparently is from the Regimental Commander himself-I guess? Anyway, at least it says it on the stationary ;-)) Im about to start trying to research the names mentioned. I didn't read enough of it to see if it were for awards or not? but im going to start with various awards refenence books I have and maybe come up with something special. ;-D

Thanks again Ade-you have been a big help to me.

Sorry for the typos. I can't get in to edit them. In case your wondeing? my spelling isn't that bad-it's just that im using a keyboard that several keys get stuck and or just do not give me the letters I need when I need them.

Just arrived today and this is my first one and i am very happy about it . love that green paint look I know that the tricolor was painted well probably post war but i am please with the rest of it .
    Sorry i didn't have my own camera so the pics are so so
    inside ET68 3592
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice helmet Frenchy.

My latest are a grouping of five photos that were part of Hauptmann Karl Glatzners personal collection. I had hoped for mor ebut guess I was lucky to get these. Anyway, one pic he took of a KOed T-34 which is in some trees. Another pic shows him pre-RKT days-wearing his Waffenrock, two pics show the higher-ranking officers of Infantry Regiment 426-of the 126th Inf Div. Im not sure of Glatzner is in them or not? And finally, I barely managed to get one pic showing him and I.Rs Kdt adn RKT Alfred Hemmann. Hemmann commanded I.R. 426-and Glatzner commanded tht Regiments 1st Battalion. I also tried to get some Wienke pics-but lost out on all of them-dang it. Anyway-Wienke was a Haupmann and Fuhrer in that regiments 2nd Btn. Wienke was later killed in action I think near Rostov or Kharkov? As for Hemmann, he was an Oberstleutnant.

3mk
    ?

Finally got my battledress in the mail its wonderful and looks 10 x better then it does in the picture

Here's my latest entry , got it last week. An EF M42 SS vet bringback. Acquired thanks to a friend from Canada.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 08-13-2009 at 08:23 PM.

very nice ϟϟ helmet you have there

?

these are my newest buys the badges are post war issue ones i wish they were WW2 issue but they are hard to get hold of & expensive so i compromised & got post war versions instead & the patches are replicas but for display purposes they do the job

Jan
    ?

Heres my latest, a nice battlefield made ring by a Finnish soldier involved with the German Nord troops in Lappland in 1941. The metal is from a downed airplane

Rgds Jan

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast