Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

When you receive this kinda letter...

Article about: Hello boys! Yesterday,after a long and boring but busy day,i came back to my house and while my beloved wife was pouring me my daily pint of whiskey,i opened a strange letter,héhéhéhé.... No

Default Re: When you receive this kinda letter...

Seb

A real tear-jerker! On behalf of my country, Thank You!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

It is good to be recognized when you are doing something that is so very worthy. Well done, sir. Well done.

I always keep in mind this very,very naive (that's what a lot of people say from it,here) idea,that a couple of decades ago,thousands of young Americans (in this precise case,i'm not ignoring the English youthness) crossed the sea to give back freedom to my parents.
    My duty is to honor their memory by any means.And this way appeared to me like the best way to connect the past and my present.
    Let me copy you the link to a heart-breaking and also hopefull youtube vid.I think it means all what i can feel for these brave and so young guys.I'm not joking,this is one of the movest vid on the feeling of being indebted to somebody....
    Normandy American Cemetary - YouTube

This is a very very moving video mate.

Good Lord!

Not exactly the way I wanted to start the day, wiping my eyes. Very touching video, Seb! Thank you for your works. I was in my nation's capitol last summer, on holiday, and took my children to the war memorials. We thanked every veteran we saw.

Green

Also pics of my president's home. Those are sharpshooters on the roof! For the freedom that building has given this country and others, folks here shoot at at! I can't figure it out. No honor, no dignity, no respect, no joke. A dispatching is in order.

I shoot with Minolta, they shoot with lead. LOL Of course, I have to throw a tastless joke into the mix.

DSCN1091.jpgDSCN1093.jpgDSCN1092.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 03-16-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: errors as usual
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thats a letter to be proud of! Thank you for helping the vets and I hope that other collectors will follow your lead someday!

I was there in 1997,the day Lady Diana died.When hearing me speaking french with my bro(he used to live in Philae),people in the streets stared at us "aren't you ashamed to be french????"...Nice souvenir,héhéhéhé....
    The memorial wall for Viet Nam casualties let me on my ass....One thing sure ,you Americans,you know how to give goose bumps....
    For the vid,i was so proud of this man,so simple,with his poor words of English,he managed to break the heart of the whole family of Amos.
    I think the youngest of the family were to come back to the States with a high opinion of their homeland....

Thank you to all for the kindness of your comments...

Hi Seb,
    Congrats to you and your fellow diggers, something to be very proud of.
    Dave.

Hello mon ami !

Well deserved my dear friend, congrats!! Thanks for sharing the certificate with us. One day I hope to accompany you on one of your digs

BR,
    James

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast