Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

where can I get a black light

Article about: Just a quick question, I'm going a few places this month where I'll be looking at some German memorbelia for sale. I'm wondering where I could come by a decent "Black light?" I've

Default where can I get a black light

Just a quick question, I'm going a few places this month where I'll be looking at some German memorbelia for sale. I'm wondering where I could come by a decent "Black light?" I've heard their pretty good at showing fake items as far as cloth goes. Does anyone know where I could find one? Preferably off eBay? Any and all answers are greatly appreciated. My thanks

Default Re: where can I get a black light

Arthur

Wallyworld should have one for you. A pocket sized light would be better. Google is your friend. Also try military shows.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Greenhorn!

I got my black light torch on eBay for cheap, would start there

Arthur

You are welcome. eBay or Amazon could be options too, as VolksJager mentioned. Show us what you get when you do, we are nosy lol

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

i don't know if you want to spend a ton of money. most people don't. and i suppose it isn't really necessary except for the fact that power is to some extent your friend here. you can get models that are battery powered for around 4 or 5 bucks. however, when you get to plug in models over 100, if that price doesn't bother you, you will get the kind of power that will REALLY make things "pop" and show that are subtle. it helps.

at "blacklightusa" there's a model under flourescent blacklights that a red handheld number that's about 18 bucks. it's probably going to be decent for most use. but again a lot of power is great. especially if you're looking for subtle signs of flourescence in items where an attempt has been made to chemically cover these traces.

Thanks everyone, your comments are very appreciated, I've found one on eBay that I hope will work. If I find anything good I'll be sure to post it. Thanks again

posting it, if you get it and it's working great for you, would be awesome.

seems like the question of black lights is coming up on the forum frequently as of late.

they are a great tool and i think every collector should have one. at least as it concerns collectors of photographs, documents, cloth etc.