Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Where did they go?

Article about: The famous photo of Hitler on his birthday reviewing about 15 boy soldiers in the chancellory garden,always intriques me.I know at least one survived the war ,but what happened to the rest o

Default Where did they go?

The famous photo of Hitler on his birthday reviewing about 15 boy soldiers in the chancellory garden,always intriques me.I know at least one survived the war ,but what happened to the rest of them,also inevitably what happened to their steel helmets .After the photo shoot with hitler ,theses poor guys had to put on full kit and fight the russians.I wonder where their steel helmets are today/.I have one m42elic found at the templehoff airport,could it be one of theirs,very small chance ,but a chance .It would be interesting to know did any of the others survive the war?

Default Re: Where did they go?

Just in case some members have not seen the film footage before, it can be viewed here:

YouTube - Hitler Youth young soldiers defending III Reich (Mar 1945)

Cheers, Ade.

Ade great you put on the news reels.It always sad when i see it as these are only kids showing a great amount of bravery as the russians where close by.How they could look so relaxed after what they had witnessed,and what was in front of them il never know, i have to be honest i would have been a nervous wreck,but hopefully i would have done my duty,lv.

?

i have to be honest i would have been a nervous wreck,but hopefully i would have done my duty,lv.

Its actually not hard when you beleive in what your doing.

Good question. Whenever I watch footage, I always cant help but to think, what happened to these guys?