Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Where do i stand with getting my money back ? :(

Article about: Alex...if it does not arrive, which I think it will, it is down to the sender to make a claim with Royal Mail, not you...as he has the "proof of sending", contact him first...and g

Default Re: Where do i stand with getting my money back ? :(

Alex...if it does not arrive, which I think it will, it is down to the sender to make a claim with Royal Mail, not you...as he has the "proof of sending", contact him first...and get him to put a claim in, a claims form is available from any Post Office, he will have to describe the packaging etc... they are quite good at paying out ! not so good at deliverying the post...I am waitiang for a parcel from Germany, posted 6th December, I doubt I shall see it before Christmas !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi mate,
    Get the seller to go to the post office and ask someone to have a look in the undelivered mail.Had a tunic sent ex UK and it was shown as posted.The norm for del. to Australia from the UK is around 14 days.After three weeks I contacted the seller who went to the post office in which he left the package and alas it was still there.the address lable had been removed or had fallen off so Royal Post just left it and forgot about it.If it was'nt for the seller walking in and identifying the package it would still be sitting in the undelivered mail pile (poor poor poor).
    Thing can take a while hay,weeks overdue at times.Hang in there mate.
    To Australia the slowest by far is Canada followed by Russia,the US then Germany.Del. out of the UK is quite good, 12-14 days on average,but have waited up to a month for some items.
    Cheers
    Dave

I waited for 5 weeks for a delivery from Belgium, I contacted Australia Post who said that I needed to contact the sender and get him to visit his local post office and have them launch an investigation into the packages whereabouts. Belgium post said that as the package had left their jurisdiction they could do nothing about it. Fortunately for me it did turn up after 5 weeks but I have little faith in Australia Post as the tracking number did not even show that it had entered Australia although it showed quite clearly the path it had taken out of Belgium. I still think your package will arrive mate, but Christmas is a chaotic time for any postal service so allow them an extra week or two and I'm sure you'll have it before too long.

kc1
    ?

Your route for compensation for lost/stolen items in the post would be determined on what kind of postage you had. For £8 you should expect the item to go special delivery, this has a tracking number and requires a signature, this will pay out up to £500 if the value of the items were stated at point of posting. Signed for itself only has compensation of £28.
    The post office has a web site where you can enter a tracking number and it should give an idea of where the item is whether its been delivered etc. Bear in mind your seller has probably done this and if it comes back delivered he may think you are trying a fast one, keep the item and get a refund.
    Also its your problem with the post office to claim compensation not the senders, stupid i know, and he will have to provide proof of posting, receipt now usually.
    Also bear in mind that there are 18000 temporary xmas helpers who know they won't be there in Jan and some could be trying to make their xmas a little more rewarding.
    As for your postie you can try complaining to head office however they aren't going to do much and then see what he does to the post afterwards. Standing there with a camera to record what he does with the post may encourage him to deliver to the door. It is a case of peanuts and monkeys and for anyone who thinks posties are over paid and don't do much they should try it.
    Good luck

Since you bought your stuff from ebay you have nothing to worry about. The ebay's buyer protection programm covers you. Wait for the parcel to arrive for 44 days. The 45th start a dispute in ebay for not receiving the package and they will compensate you. The deadline of 45 days is very important so count the days carefully coz after the 45th day you lose your rights.
    Of course now in Xmas the post offices worldwide have too much delays.
    I am currently waiting for 2 packages from Germany for more than 2 weeks whilst usually they are here in just 5-7 days.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Just an update

The items have still not arrived ...

?

Good morning Banksy I am having the same problem myself a cap I purchased from Ebay on November 25 has still not arrived estimated time of delivery was to be by December 6 . I have contacted the seller but he has not replied I will send him another email tonight and if I still dont get a reply in the next two days I will contact paypal. Iam still waiting on two other items to arrive that are over do but the tracking numbers say there in the system I think the other two are caught up in the post I do imagine that customs are very busy right now I have sent two parcels to forum members in the UK it will be intresting to see how long they take to get there goodluck.

Merry Christmas

Best regards Mark K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3