Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Who was the deadliest female of WW2?

Article about: Surely Ilse Koch, "The Bitch of Buchenwald", deserves at least a dishonorable mention in this discussion. 330px-Ilse_Koch.png

Thanks Aleks I will see what I ca find

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Thanks Aleks I will see what I ca find

Nick
    No problem. I will inform you, if I come across other sources.

"Smiling assassin " for sure .

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Meet Lyudmila Pavlichenko of the 2nd Co. Sniper platoon, 54th Rifles Regiment of the Red Army.

She recorded 309 confirmed kills, including 187 in her first 75 days on the job during the fighting at Odessa.

Among her kills are 100 Officers and 36 German snipers.

Who gets your vote?

Nick
    Lyudmila Pavlichenko would be hard to beat. But having said that, the snipers were probably the only group where a number of kills would be able to be verified with any accuracy.

The two female bomber regiments, the Taman and Borisov Guards, would have obliterated many enemy soldiers, but it was a joint effort between pilot and navigator/bombardier with no way of knowing who killed who.

Machine Gunners like Mansiya Mametova and Nina Onilova quite possibly were individually responsible for dispatching more enemy than Pavlichenko, but it could never be verified.

Nick, I think in lieu of any better evidence, Lyudmila would get my vote.
    Another couple of girls who knew how to shoot were the inseparable Natalia Kovshova and Mariya Polivanova, who clocked up well over 300 between them.

Interesting to note that one of the snipers that Lyudmila Pavlichenko silenced was responsible for killing in excess of 400 allied soldiers at Dunkirk, according to a notebook found on him.

Cheers, Willie.

Tharts good information Willie, thank you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3