Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Who drinks whisky?

Article about: by Totenhead Have to try some ! It's far better than the link makes it out to be, it's quite a smooth drink actually!..

Default Re: Who drinks whisky?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Talking into the big white telephone is another us Brits use!!! Cheers Terry.
    We call it that too, talking to god through the great white telephone. Oohhhhh..........GOD........

The wife and I are not all that fussy about our liquor. We like rum and
    rye whiskey with Coke, and buy whatever brand we fancy at the time.
    I usually have a glass or two of straight rye whiskey or over ice,
    though I also like my ales and lagers......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    After drinking whisky unfortunately I have to handle fine china.

Good comeback. Very nice.

I like G&T.
    Super nice in the summertime

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I tried Laphroaig for the first time a few weeks ago. It was my first liquor of any kind. I felt like it killed all of the bacteria in my mouth...

Hello all - wow wasn't expecting this to generate so much conversation! Some good posts here

ObKrieger, I try to keep a minimum x2 bottles of Laphroaig 10 year at any one time. I love it but unfortunately the nearest shop to stock it is 400km away

Have you tried the Quarter cask? That is rated at 50% - lot's of power in it . Keep at it and find something you like. I would suggest a Glenfiddich 12 year next time you try scotch. Very approachable. Anything in the 'highland' or 'speyside' variety will be suitable for a beginner.

I still drink beer I used to drink mostly a type we have here called Carlton dry. Then I found the imported types like Becks, Stela Artois and Grolsch and they became my favorties!

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    We call it that too, talking to god through the great white telephone. Oohhhhh..........GOD........
    I guess you guys from down under also call it '(The Ode to) Huey and Billy'?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can Google it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I guess you guys from down under also call it '(The Ode to) Huey and Billy'?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can Google it.
    Ahh, Kevin Bloody Wilson, he certainly knows how to capture that raw emotion of the morning after a big night, he is a gifted poet!lol

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    When I was drinking more in my younger days, we called it Barking for Sharks, haven't heard that phrase in years though lol

Can’t beat a nice single malt, none of this blended rubbish, used to drink it when I was younger but tended to get me into trouble, my friends nick named me " Big Chief Fire Water " haha, tend to avoid it nowadays but will no doubt partake of a few drams at Christmas, have a taste for Vodka these days

I rarely drink spirits, the only time i do indulge is at Christmas when i'll have a few single malts with my Dad, can't stand the blended stuff. When we visit Berlin i allways have a few shots of Korn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korn_(liquor).

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I rarely drink spirits, the only time i do indulge is at Christmas when i'll have a few single malts with my Dad, can't stand the blended stuff. When we visit Berlin i allways have a few shots of Korn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korn_(liquor).
    Have to try some !

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast