Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 80 of 168 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 ... LastLast

Who is Talking/Post a Picture

Article about: arty photos there.

?

Default Re: Who is Talking/Post a Picture

Which cemetery are you at in the first pic?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Attachment 384730
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    Which cemetery are you at in the first pic?
    Hi Adrian,

Its the Huts Cemetery near Dickebusch, just outside Ypres. My great Uncle is buried there, I was the first person in my family to view the grave after 94 years, i dont look very happy in the picture, it was an emotional experience !!! Not the most jovial pictures i admit, but this is a War Relics forum and not Facebook ! haha

Heres myself just holding up the wall!!....and its not the size that matters,, its your passion for it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here are a couple of fairly recent ones of me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Attachment 384730

Hi Adrian,

Its the Huts Cemetery near Dickebusch, just outside Ypres. My great Uncle is buried there, I was the first person in my family to view the grave after 94 years, i dont look very happy in the picture, it was an emotional experience !!! Not the most jovial pictures i admit, but this is a War Relics forum and not Facebook ! haha
    I see he was a Gunner do you know which unit he was with ?

- - Updated - -

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here are a couple of fairly recent ones of me.
    Ralph.
    Looks like a great spot Ralph
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Not one of me, but of my car after a head on collision yesterday. It does not look too badly damaged, but the airbags deployed and they will probably write it off. Sadly I did not think to take pictures until after we moved the vehicles to one side of the road.

The wife and I were mostly unharmed, though we both have some friction burns and she was very badly shaken. The other people were also uninjured. They appeared from behind a few cars coming towards me and must have tried to overtake them on my side of the road, though the woman driver claimed she was turning right, either way, her fault.

This was my first car and I only MOT'd it on Friday, at a cost of £300 and I am so pissed off about this, as I probably won't get it's value to me.

I should not grumble as no one was injured and that is the most important thing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, I know the financial cost is really annoying, but thank goodness you are all OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes, the main thing is that no-one was injured. I know it's a pain but metal and plastic can be replaced, even if the process is a bind.

My car went up in a fireball on the M5 a couple of months ago. I've been offered £100 by the insurance company.

Jeez Adrian ! How fast were you going !!

Jerry, I am pleased you are ok mate !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Jeez Adrian ! How fast were you going !!

Jerry, I am pleased you are ok mate !

Nick

Obviously no more than 70mph Nick.......

Page 80 of 168 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 ... LastLast