Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Who from WW2 would you like to have a beer with?

Article about: I would buy Rommel a beer and ask him about his part in the plot against Hitler. Nick

Default Re: Who from WW2 would you like to have a beer with?

With tank ace Otto Carius. As he is still alive maybe it is even possible:-).

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    3: What did you have against Jews?
    4: Operation Barbarossa... what the hell was that about?
    5: Why didn't you give up in say, January of 1945?
    6: What did you think of the movie, "Der Untergang"?
    7: Can I have your uniform?

and so, so many more...
    Also, Dunkirk?....explain!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I would buy Rommel a beer and ask him about his part in the plot against Hitler.

Nick
    Indeed, i would like to ask him that question also.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I think I would also have to say family members.
    My grandfather on my mothers side who disappeared late 44 - 45.
    My grandfather on my fathers side because he fought and was wounded in WWI. (I want to be able to carry my Glock while in his company). Not a nice man that had a habit of tipping over tables, ripping off a table leg and trying to kill people. Maybe he would like me though.
    And Uncle Toni my fathers brother. He was in the Waffen SS but little was ever said about his time in service. He would be a challange to drink with as he was well known for relieving men of their money and winning the hearts of whores with his ability to consume large quantities of beer and walk away.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

I would buy a Coca~Cola for that man who owns Snyder's Treasure Trove and tell him a piece of my mind!
    Then after that I would take the cocacola back and give it to Ade

cheers,
    -Patrick

(I would actully give it to Klaus Barbie Head of the Gestapo in Lyon. Nicknamed "the Butcher of Lyon" for his use of torture on prisoners.)

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    I think I would also have to say family members.
    My grandfather on my mothers side who disappeared late 44 - 45.
    My grandfather on my fathers side because he fought and was wounded in WWI. (I want to be able to carry my Glock while in his company). Not a nice man that had a habit of tipping over tables, ripping off a table leg and trying to kill people. Maybe he would like me though.
    And Uncle Toni my fathers brother. He was in the Waffen SS but little was ever said about his time in service. He would be a challange to drink with as he was well known for relieving men of their money and winning the hearts of whores with his ability to consume large quantities of beer and walk away.

Rudy
    Do you know which SS unit he served with? It would be great to talk to him.

If we are talking about family members then I would have to say my great grandfather, who served with T.E. Lawrence during the Arab Revolt in 1917, or Franklin Sousley, another fellow that I am indirectly related to who was pictured in Joe Rosenthal's famous Iwo Jima flag raising photo.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    3: What did you have against Jews?
    4: Operation Barbarossa... what the hell was that about?
    5: Why didn't you give up in say, January of 1945?
    6: What did you think of the movie, "Der Untergang"?
    7: Can I have your uniform?

and so, so many more...
    Realistically, I think you'd be in the back of a truck well on the way to Dachau before you got halfway through with your intimate tete-a-tete.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Realistically, I think you'd be in the back of a truck well on the way to Dachau before you got halfway through with your intimate tete-a-tete.......
    If I were in his time and place, then yes, that would probably happen.

However, if I could resurrect him somehow in modern-day America, he would probably just go on a rant and destroy the bar. I might not be able to understand his Austruan accent anyway. lol

michael wittmann the famous tank ace
    i'd see if he could shoot the empty beer glass with his tiger

tom

?

Well for me its family, my uncle Fred who fought in Burma, id like to ask him what happened to the two Samurai swords he brought home,my uncle Len, id like to ask him what happened to the SS tunic and all the badges that he had, my uncle Ron id like to talk to more but hes in a home and although he gave me all the gear he had he can hardly speak now, my uncle Eddie before he was killed at sea and my uncle Bert who was in the RAF in bomber command and finally id give all that up just to sit down with my Dad and have a pint and talk with once more

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast