Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why aren't people getting my items?

Article about: What's no good.Jerry does the items send by Royal Mail go through X-ray test?

Default Why aren't people getting my items?

Hi everyone, im having some trouble sending items to some members on here. Some members have bought items from me and need international postage. I posted them months ago and after an inquiry from them it turns out they hadn't even left the country and i had to go and pick them up! I have resent them and they still haven't got them. Im not sending anything requiring a licence etc, just a gas mask bag and a no4 bayonet. Does anyone have any suggestions why this is going wrong? Could it be the post office have affixed the wrong sticker on or such? Im really baffled and feel terrible for letting 2 members down greatly and can only apologise sincerely.

?

Default Re: Why aren't people getting my items?

S hit happens.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    S hit happens.
    I know, but i dont like things going wrong when im responsible and letting them down

if you have tracking it should be fairly easy to figure out what happened.
    I hope you find them.

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I know, but i dont like things going wrong when im responsible and letting them down
    Don't worry you get use to it.
    My wife says if there is a pile of crap around I will find a way to tromp on it.
    Seriously.
    You have told folks the problem with your postal service. I know I can't change the post office in the States. I just grit my teeth and give it another go. Can you get in trouble over there threatening postal employees ? Just a thought. Probably wouldn't help at all. It is always frustrating dealing with any government entity.

Patience and Perseverance are my friends and ascertainment that they will be yours too!Dont worry.We can wait

*...I have concluded that...

I know that some recent changes were introduced as to what can be sent in the post and the list is quite prohibitive and would certainly affect things like the bayonet. I had a leaflet for it from the PO a few months back, so maybe a google search will find it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Did anyone at the post office say why they hadn't left the country the first time round? When you filled out the customs form, what did you list the items as? I know when I get things from Greece, they tend to take the longest to get here, but since the UK Post changed things, they've slowed down a lot as well. It might just need a little more time, if you added any kind of insurance, there should be a tracking number of some kind.

Usually, mail sent from the UK to the States takes about a week, I know. Once in a great while it gets off onto the wrong track and has to be resent again, but this is usually a rare occurrence. Don't feel bad.....compared to Russia, the Royal Post is like warp speed. I've currently got a package coming from Moscow that started on it's was back on April 12th, and there still has not been a peep from it since...Sometimes, they can take as long as 3-4 Months.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast