MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

why do most people collect german militaria?

Article about: i don't know where to put it so i just put it here what i always ask myself, Why do most people collect german militaria? I would be proud to have a uniform from a allied soldier who had fou

Question why do most people collect german militaria?

i don't know where to put it so i just put it here
    what i always ask myself, Why do most people collect german militaria?
    I would be proud to have a uniform from a allied soldier who had fought against the nazi-regime,but thats just my oppinion.
    i hope german militaria collectors can give me an answer

greets

Default Re: why do most people collect german militaria?

i didn't said that i didn't understand that people collect german militaria and i will never said its wrong. so it was just a friendly question to german militaria collectors.

greets

Personally I collect militaria because its about keeping history alive....

fair answer RedArmyCollector

My love is WW1 English and WW2 German (although Im getting interested in Soviet WW2 medals at the mo)....to me there seems to be something special about the design and history of WW2 German militaria, the allied militaria of this period doesnt seem to come alive with history to me than the German, just IMO.

?

I collect 3 Reich and Soviet militaria, both a dictators, Soviet items starts to be collectible novadays, because the USSR in the past. But for sure is more difficult to find a nice soviet item, than 3 Reich, after the Reich was destroyed- full of world got a trophees, and old veterans hide their stuff on attics- which can be available today.
    Red Army before war forbid to owe after the service in army- insignia and headgrear, just you can take a jacket without insignia- and if the jacket's condition can not be used by army for the work ( totally junk)
    For the fleet- absolutely all insignia and uniforms must be back to the stocks
    Due of that a lot of similar hats and tunics, was made by civilians due of fashion.
    Only officers can have the uniforms at home, due of 80 % was tailored and own.
    After the war, as most of Soviet peoples use their uniform till the end of 60's, hundreds time repaired and after that-away to the garbage... So, why the soviet stuff is more rare...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I collect T.R stuff,because there's more to collect. Awards wise & variants. I also collect British Victorian medals. Crimea onwards,but they're basically the same medals with different clasps to donote where the individual served. Although it's good in some respects because due to mst being engraved to a individual you can obtain his service history. Some quite sad. I wish there was somewhere on this forum i could post them. Stewy

Hello,

"why do most people collect german militaria?"

In my opinion the Third Reich and the First Empire (Napoleon's era) are the most collected and most reenacted fields just because their totalitarian leaders quickly understood that richly coloured uniforms with specific features for the different branches of service, with well designed insignia and symbols that recall the glorious past, do initiate a real cult of the uniform among soldiers and civilians...and therefore among collectors, but that's another problem...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I collect German because the look of their helmets and uniforms represent a classic "look" to ww2....I've always been interested in ww2 and as a kid would always be attracted to pics of ww2 and seeing the "coal bucket" helmets would quickly ID "the bad guys" (please note quotation marks). I'm a Canadian and my grandfather served in ww2. I never got to talk to him about his experiences as he passed away when I was a child.

Once I got into helmets, I started to venture out into belt buckles and then armbands (more affordable in most cases than helmets) - there is just SO much out there. The TR certainly had a lot of variety.

But - the long and the short is that the classic German soldier represents WW2 to me.

Cheers!

Rob

Tom
    ?

Well ,where do i get started....I love German items because the German uniforms and gear is ''ORIGINAL'',and ahead of it's time...just think back a German soldier look like he just droped out of space, their helmets,uniform and specialy insignia is the definition of the word ORIGINAL and special. And there is the factor that the Germans where the ''underdogs'' in the war ,all sides fought like heros but the Germans fought like lions! They held on even when the stces where against them ,maybe because their superiors did not give the a chance, but still.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast