Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

why do most people collect german militaria?

Article about: i don't know where to put it so i just put it here what i always ask myself, Why do most people collect german militaria? I would be proud to have a uniform from a allied soldier who had fou

Tom
    ?

Default Re: why do most people collect german militaria?

I respect every single man that fought in the war!

?

Again, to each his own, you said “Why do we collect German militaria” and then you put all German militaria collector as “Nazi-regime “collector. I know that most of the German collectors are WW 2 collectors, but as for my self I collect German Imperial items which have nothing to do with the “Nazi-regime “items. I think that the German items are more detailed and are made to a higher standard than other military items, they did the job but the craftsmanship is not there. So, please don’t put all German militaria collector in the same box.

I’ve been asked that so many times , and most of the time by people who take it the wrong way, don’t have any interest in History and are quick to Judge or label.
    I've learned to shut them up immediately by telling them my collection is an investment and when the Nazis come back in power , they’ll need to buy all of their “STUFF” back and I’m going to make a ton of Loot !

It’s an answer they never expect and , that usually freaks them out .

Tom
    ?

That's a good point!

appie
    ?

For me its simple why I only collect German WWII stuff; just compare it with Britsh gear! I prefer a MP40 above a stengun, K98k leather amo-pouches above webbing, a M42 lid above a British lid, the German Y straps.....I could go on for ever!
    And the fact I love to dig for relics, and the Germans were here for 5 years, the Alies only 2 months, so there is much more German gear to be found then Alied stuff.

3mk
    ?

I dont collect German stuff but i do agree the US and British gear is kinda bland,But if i do ever buy a german item it would likely be something that was used by the Polish resistance another reason why some people collect german stuff is maybe there country used some of it??I collect Polish militaria and finding a original pair of Polish mauser ammo pouches is hard and there expensive so i would rather buy the same pair from a different country.

?

i like to collect both German & US militaria as for why most people collect German stuff there is no one explanation as everyone has there own reasons for doing so.

Hi Guys,

Im an Axis & Allied headgear collector, my passion for collecting comes from my Grandfather who served in the Italian army 1940 under the Fascist Dictator..Mussolini by wars end he was liberated from a German POW camp in East Prussia by the Soviets in early '45'. I have alot of resepect for the men/soldiers who served thru WWII, so for me thats why i collect from all the main combatants of WWII ,and also to keep the history alive for all those men that fought thru this period, thats the least we can do !! and also show/educate generations to come what was worn thru battles of word war 2 .

So for me i am unable to collect from just one country thru this period but all the big hitters of WWII.

Hey there,

As a young collector I'm asked that question often by people who don't understand the hobby. To me, Nazi militaria always held somekind of mythical status. Looking at wwii documentaries when i was younger they seemed almost fictional like something out of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, excuse me if it sounds like i'm belittle anything. Just like a movie or book all these documentaries and stories my grandfather told seemed distant. Not untill I started to hold the history in my hand did I realize how real these things were/are. Not to mention military insignia and decoration dont get more interesting and outlandish than reich awards... who uses a skull and crossbones as their sybol? Pirates and the SS thats who.

YouTube - Germans SS soldiers (Mitchell and Webb look)

Also, for me, there is something interesting about the "bad guys" or the losing side of the war. When dealing with other reich collectors and being in the this community You get a perspective you might not always encounter anywhere else.

best wishes,

Jess

BROADSWORD
    ?

I believe the reason german militaria is so collectable is because the german reich spared no expense on their kit its all well made and very theatrical, as a comparrison today the USA D.O.D [MILITARY] spend billions on their kit and now its becoming collectable as its top quality whereas british and european kit is made on a shoestring not so fancy and its a lot cheaper to collect. Also we are brought up on a stream of war films and stories which to certain types imprints an urge to get closer to these events buy buying militaria and what better to collect than the german reichs fancy goods [quality guarenteed] i know beause i am one of these!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast