Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Why are some medal sets soooo much more than others ?

Article about: Hello I saw a ww1 trio and long service medal to a candian casualty going for 900 pounds The same set to a British solder is only 250 ? What makes medals that are the same but issued to diff

?

Default Why are some medal sets soooo much more than others ?

Hello

I saw a ww1 trio and long service medal to a candian casualty going for 900 pounds

The same set to a British solder is only 250 ?

What makes medals that are the same but issued to different peple with so much more that each other ?

Default Re: Why are some medal sets soooo much more than others ?

Any medal issue to a casualtiy will always command more money.

Certain regiments and corps will also command a premium.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by banksy View Post
    Hello

I saw a ww1 trio and long service medal to a candian casualty going for 900 pounds

The same set to a British solder is only 250 ?

What makes medals that are the same but issued to different peple with so much more that each other ?
    Medals are one of those funny areas in militaria. Relatively ordinary groups sometimes far exceed what the seller initially anticipated price wise. Many factors determine value such as rank of the individual who earned them, where he earned them, regiment etc, etc. There can be quite significant differences in medals issued to Canadian forces too. I once had a Korean War group to a Canadian and the Queens Korea Medal was issued in silver to Canadians and cupro nickel to the British. Medals are also increasing in value significantly these days which is nice to see. You could once pick up a bog standard British War or Defence medal and ribbon for £3-£4 a few years ago, now you see em go for as much as £15 each-crazy really but thats what makes them such fascinating things in my opinion. Regards, Tim.

Hello Ade,I was wondering how much a original Iron Cross with ribbon and box might go for now a days? And who I might contact to purchase one.