MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why you should not donate your family (or other) items to museums

Article about: What complete and utter wankers are the staff at this museum - Combined Military Services Museum - and in particular Dr Richard Wooldridge. This woman donated her family medals with the prov

Quote by wizardman View Post
    i have had much to do with museums myself mate..one only needs to look at art museums to see what goes on
    On that note, the largest museum under our authority is the Museum of Islamic Art, Doha, Qatar. So I do have some idea of the operations of art museums (seeing as I am Director of Operations after all). Your besmirching of my industry is very sensitive to me, please be very careful and sure of what you claim.

Im not sure the term besmirching would be a correct choice of words, and you appear to have taken to heart my assessment of my country and its museums, that by the way have nothing to do with where you work. "please be very careful and sure of what you claim" I am sure of what i "claim" and work with a number of museums. ..now on my very valid point about art museums, would you like me to google search and list the hundreds if not thousands of cases of art fraud in many musuems through out the world..it would be ridiculous to pretend that museums are beyond scrutiny...jeffrey robertson | Institute of Art and Law Blog ...on going cases for the return of indigenous Australians remains held in various museums around the world...This is not me besmirching what you claim to be 'your' industry..as stated i work within the industry and others here do too...its not a personal criticism of you in any way but you appear to have taken it as such

When you talk about 'your' country and 'your' museums, I recall you are from Australia are you not? Guess where I am from...

I know where you are from, and i also know what i have said

Time to take this offline, so as not to spoil this fine thread...

?

This has made me reconsider where my trinkets are ending up when i go to Valhalla.

Im not certain what to do anymore after reading this. I really really dislike greed

Sad "news"

Quote by TrondK View Post
    This has made me reconsider where my trinkets are ending up when i go to Valhalla.

Im not certain what to do anymore after reading this. I really really dislike greed

Sad "news"
    I would suggest you sell off the average items and find a collector you trust to offer them a "deal" on the rest.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Make sure that in your will you declare which of your beneficiaries receives your collection and make sure that a detailed summary of each piece is included (price paid, approximate appreciation rate etc) plus your intended wishes and hope that said beneficiary maintains your collection as you desire. At the end of the day, should they liquidize your collection and snuff it up their nose what should you care? By that time you should be speaking with the original award receptees anyway!

Sell it all before you die and have a last splurge on coke and whores.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The items in my collection are catagorized and we'll described with approx values at time of purchase but many of the items in my collection will need to be re-assessed at the time of my demise as the market has taken a sharp upwards turn since I started collecting .
    I have asked two good friends to see that my wife does not get burdened with trying to dispose of my collection as it would be quite over welming and I would not want her to be taken advantage of.

Regards Mark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast