Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Wild bill Guarnere RIP

Article about: I was very sad to hear of Wild Bill's passing. I had the privilege to briefly sit down with him a few times at the Allentown, PA gun and militaria show. He was an amazing and kind gentleman.

?

I guess when at heavens gate to Saint Peter he will tell "Hey Wild Bill is here!! Open the damned gate's"
    RIP Wild Bill
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Very sad to read this.

RIP
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sadly an all too common occurance these days amongst the vets of WW2, but they will always be remembered,RIP Bill

It's nice to see a WWII veteran get the recognition he deserves. Wild Bill's passing was a top "trend" on facebook and it was listed as a top news story on CNN.com.

Not trying to take away from the "legend" and persona that was Wild Bill, but Frank Perconte's passing last October rated only 9 posts and Earl "one lung" McClung in November & Babe Heffron ( Bill's lifelong pal) in December we all ( me included ) seemed to have missed commenting on?????

ALL of these guys ( the 18 that are left - and Paul Rogers, the now oldest living at 95 ) deserve an honorable mention on our forum.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Not trying to take away from the "legend" and persona that was Wild Bill, but Frank Perconte's passing last October rated only 9 posts and Earl "one lung" McClung in November & Babe Heffron ( Bill's lifelong pal) in December we all ( me included ) seemed to have missed commenting on?????

ALL of these guys ( the 18 that are left - and Paul Rogers, the now oldest living at 95 ) deserve an honorable mention on our forum.

Dan
    Good point Dan!....

Very sad to hear about this. RIP Wild Bill.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

I had the honor of meeting him twice in Reading Pa. He wasn't just there to be seen, he really liked meeting and talking to people and shaking hands. Sad to say, but, it won't be long before all our ww2 vets are gone. RIP Wild Bill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4