Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Williamsburg Virginia

Article about: Hey guys im going to Williamsburg for spring break. Anyone know of any interesting places around the area. Were mainly focusing on that area and around the Virginia beach area. Any ideas? Th

?

Default Williamsburg Virginia

Hey guys im going to Williamsburg for spring break. Anyone know of any interesting places around the area. Were mainly focusing on that area and around the Virginia beach area. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Default Re: Williamsburg Virginia

Williamsburg is a fantastic place. My wife and I frequent there several times a year, when I'm not spending our money on WWII German items! I strongly suggest the Historic Triangle. Colonial Williamsburg area is a must see and takes about half day for the quick look around; a full day if you want to go on tours of buildings, etc. I highly recommend you go to Yorktown. It is a very quiet, little town that played host to Lord Cornwallis and the defeat of his army by Gen. Washington and The Marquis de Lafayette. Give it about the same, half day for the quick look around, full day if you want to tour the battlefields and walk the town. The Yorktown Victory Center has an awesome museum with some really cool American Revolution artifacts and relics. The restaurant on the River Walk is very nice. Usually you can eat outside if the weather is nice. Try to get into the Thomas Nelson house if you can, the colonial architecture is fantastic, but the Park Service has some unusual hours for that house being open. It took me 5 years to get inside because we were never in town when it was open. There is a parking garage down by the River Walk which I believe is still free to park in (it was when I was there in October.) If you are in the Williamsburg area at night, try to catch the Ghost Tours, they have one for Williamsburg and one for Yorktown. Jamestown Island is busy with archeological digs, but is still open to the public. Sometimes you can watch the scientist work at uncovering artifacts and ask them questions while they work, they are pretty friendly in my experience. That's the Williamsburg area in a nut shell. If you have any specific questions, shoot me a PM. I've never been to Va Beach, so can't help much with that area. Have a good time!

?

Thanks so much! That will be a good 3-4 days for us lol. We will be driving there from chicago so I guess ill have to look up some places we can stop to on the way.
    Thanks Soo Much
    Ryan

It's a lot to see, but it's all worth it. If you go quickly, you can see most of it in one day. I usually take my time to appreciate things more, but being as you are probably younger than I, you will be able to see a lot in a shorter amount of time. Let me know which way you plan on driving down, and maybe I can give some suggestions on places to stop and things to see.