Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

World War II video games. Your thoughts?

Article about: by ObKrieger And another! This is great, guys. We need to have some campaigns. My favorite mods for CC5 are the Battle of Berlin, Stalingrad, and Scheldt ones. I had some computer issues ear

?

Default Re: World War II video games. Your thoughts?

R.U.S.E is offically the best ww2 game of all time

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Stinschen, do you prefer SH3 or SH5? And why? I have SH3, and heard that it is the best one.

Cheers,

Carl
    Hi Carl

Sorry for not seeing your post until now. As for the SH3 compared to the SH5, For example, SH3 has a really great interface: it is easy to play - the graphics are not too good, but not horrible, the campaigns are several and the maps are easy to read. The SH 5 has an extremely confusing player interface with too many new features: the graphics are superb, though. You here have the chance of socializing with your crew and you can talk to them, you can even give them friendly support when they feel homesick, and the young ones do. So one cannot have it all, I guess. I also have the SH4, but I´m not impressed with that one. SH3 is my favorite.
    My conclusion; a new edition, SH with the interface of the SH3, but with the graphics of SH5/6, that would be a blessing
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

My favorite game is Company of Heroes. I prefer strategy games rather than FPS ones.
    Even better is to download the blitzkrieg mod of Company of Heroes.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

To those who play SH3 - SH4 - SH5: here is a link to the player´s forum with lots of advice and other stuff:
    Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 - SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

[COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I bought a cheap game for the Nintendo Wii called WWII Aces recently. Discovered my 9 year old daughter Megan is a deadly Me109 pilot... latches onto your tail, impossible to shake... deadly burst then barrel rolls away, as daddy spins into the ground. Oh well, I guess daddy sux at that game...

Apart from that, loved Company of Heroes, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and of course, wasted a lot of my youth with the best WW2 game ever: Wolfenstein 3D... Schutzstaffel!!!

Rob

Bringing up an old thread, but Men of War has been a great WWII series - especially the Assault Squad sequel. They are more on the realistic side than most. I figured I should plug the game since another expansion is coming later this month called Condemned Heroes, which will focus on the Russian penal units. Men of War: Assault Squad

Red Orchestra has been a great series as well.

I just purchased Birds of Steel... a WWII flight simulator for the 360. It's pretty realistic and I'm enjoy it so far!

OK for a good ww2 RTS possibly the best one made so far would be Company of heroes. Infantry and panzer battlers. Cant be beaten Company of Heroes PC Games Review - Video Review - YouTube

Here's a pic I just snapped from Birds of Steel... My Dauntless Divebomber before takeoff on a mission to sink the Japanese carrier Hiryu!

downsized_0406121826.jpg

?

im with you guys on Company of Heroes, had it for years and love it, never get bored on single player skirmish, multiplayer online is good too , what i like is the detail when you zoom in close, and also how hitting a tank is a lot more effective from the rear, Taking cover behind walls etc actually works..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast