Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

World War II video games. Your thoughts?

Article about: by ObKrieger And another! This is great, guys. We need to have some campaigns. My favorite mods for CC5 are the Battle of Berlin, Stalingrad, and Scheldt ones. I had some computer issues ear

Default Re: World War II video games. Your thoughts?

I really can't wait to get Iron Front.

I also got IL:2 Sturmovik 1946 the other day and I have been really enjoying it. It's incredibly hard though. I am almost finished with my career as a U.S. Army fighter pilot in the Pacific. I have done something like 15 missions and I have only managed to shoot down 5 planes, all Betty's.

I Can't believe nobody has mentioned the best WWII game of them all, BloodRayne! Just kidding, but seriously, Call of Duty 2 is my favorite, second is probably Medal of Honor Frontline, next is Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway. My list is mostly of console games. I'll have to try out some of these others you guys have mentioned.

IMO historically based games are very educational. I know a good amount about the Hundred Years War and the Crusades just because of my years playing through the Total War series. The matter of fact, these PC games are what made me decide to be a History major all those 3 years ago.

By the way, BloodRayne really is fun

Regards, Corey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I Can't believe nobody has mentioned the best WWII game of them all, BloodRayne!
    Oh dear God, keep that thing buried

Frontline was truly an amazing game. One thing they did with that series that CoD never quite matched was the soundtracks(I'm talking PS2 days). I still listen to the music from the 'Arnhem Knights' level. Ah, memories

yeah i got iron frount but its very buggy keep CTD ing people saying it needs patching on the steam fourm sojust going to wait for a while to play it
    got men of war and RO 2 to keep me busy
    IL:2 Sturmovik 1946 is it good never really thort about flying games do you fight in battles with ground troops?

Well, Iron Front is an ArmA2 engine game, and the Real Virtuality engine is notorious for bugs on release, but if the people who made Iron Front are as passionate about the game as Bohemia Interactive is of ArmA series, it wont be long until they fix the bugs, and hopefully the mod support is as good as ArmA2.
    I just got a job for the summer and tomorrow 150 euros are dropped to my account because one of my reindeers was shot during the winter, so it wont be long until I get my hands on my copy of Iron Front (and I have planned to buy 30€ worth of NVA insignia, yay!)

Ive been playing World of Tanks quite actively recently, who else plays?

my W.O.T. name is the same as this one, feel free to add me!

COD: World At War on expert is a good one --- been thinking about getting Sniper Elite: v2 , has anyone here played it? Other than that I used to play the old PS1 MOH games. There was also this quite interesting game based on trying to escape from various German POW camps, the name escapes me at the moment but it was a good one (except for some bug that actually hindered me fully completing the game...)

I love playing ww2 games like company of heroes and red orchastra 2

Medal of Honor for me also!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Loads of nice games mentioned in this thread

Some of the first games I played were Battlefield 1942(Great with the Forgotten Hope mod), Wolfenstein, and a bit of(I think it was) close combat(Very little of it though, only at a friend's house).

On my part, I love IL2 Sturmovik 1946(Best World War 2 flight simulator out there, not even kidding, it is a load of fun and very cheap), Battlefield 1942, Call of duty(1 and 2, the rest, not so much), men of war(Even though it is incredibly historically inaccurate, it's still fun) , red orchestra and Darkest hour, and Company of heroes of course

I've been playing a lot of Arma 2 recently(Normal), I got Iron front, but it was so buggy that it ruined it for me, I think it's fixed now, but I don't feel like doing it all over again, at least not yet. I really need to try Invasion 1944, I've heard it's great.

Oh, and another fun(but a bit hard/tricky) game is Hidden and Dangerous 2
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast