Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Worst ww2 movie

Article about: Whats the worst ww2 movie you have ever seen? I have to say the latest ones i have seen have to be Bloodrayne third reich and war of resistance, really bad movies, bad script, bad actors, ev

?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Nick Cage one of the world's worst actors. How could it be good.

I must say one of my favorite movies is The Battle of the Bulge an oldie but worth watching IMO.
    I cannot help myself, and am compelled to comment on the excrable "Battle of the Bulge". Just an awful travesty on so many levels. Shot mainly in Spain, I believe ( always a good substitute for Belgium in winter!), that final tank "battle" is laughingly bad. Looks like high summer in Andalusia; I half-expected El Cid to come galloping on screen.
    This turkey, and the even worse "Midway", are prime examples of terrible war movies.

BobS

I quite liked Midway, I think I saw it first as a kid at the movies.

They made a big point of using original colour combat footage in 'Midway' but at several points the stars apparently changed aircraft types in mid air-used the 'sense surround' speaker system effect that another Chuck Heston film pioneered, 'Earthquake', that gave a low, rumbling effect for engines etc.

and made a good impression on a 12 year old!

Quote by BobS View Post
    I cannot help myself, and am compelled to comment on the excrable "Battle of the Bulge". Just an awful travesty on so many levels. Shot mainly in Spain, I believe ( always a good substitute for Belgium in winter!), that final tank "battle" is laughingly bad. Looks like high summer in Andalusia; I half-expected El Cid to come galloping on screen.
    This turkey, and the even worse "Midway", are prime examples of terrible war movies.

BobS
    A terrible film !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    They made a big point of using original colour combat footage in 'Midway' but at several points the stars apparently changed aircraft types in mid air-used the 'sense surround' speaker system effect that another Chuck Heston film pioneered, 'Earthquake', that gave a low, rumbling effect for engines etc.
    I guess if you were a child back in the 70's, you may have enjoyed 'Midway". As an adult, and I was in my 20's when that craptastic production came out, I thought it was awful then, and even worse as I grew older.
    Absurd tacked on love story, just awful " special effects", including miraculous switching of aircraft in flight, as stated, poor acting, and Heston looked like he was in pain the entire movie.
    Just a steaming pile, and yet, the only movie made about one of our most decisive naval victories.

BobS
    Last edited by BobS; 01-09-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Many war/western type films were shot in Spain in the 60s/70s-cheap to shoot there with varied locations, plentiful extras and an army available for hire with much German or German style equipment (probably a few German 'technical advisors' living there as well...).

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A terrible film !!!

Nick
    Finally a film Nick doesn't like! Huzzah!

?

Quote by BobS View Post

BobS
    Lol, this thread is a great source of therapy...I'm sticking with my Nick Cage comment. I was a kid when I viewed BOB...so it worked for me back then.

?

Surfing channels last evening, I came upon the ludicrous " Pearl Harbor", with Affleck, Beckinsale, etc., and was reminded in 5 minutes just how awful it is.
    Even after 30 years, the classic "Tora, Tora, Tora" is vastly superior to this overblown "blockbuster."

BobS

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast