MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Worst ww2 movie

Article about: Whats the worst ww2 movie you have ever seen? I have to say the latest ones i have seen have to be Bloodrayne third reich and war of resistance, really bad movies, bad script, bad actors, ev

I, bastards isn't a 'proper' war film, it's a homage to a style of '60's film, spaghetti western et al. It's tongue-in cheek stuff.

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Why, why.....why does a war movie always has to have a "love story"??? Enemy at the gates wasnt "a bad" movie but there was a love story. The new Stalingrad movie, again a love story.
    Need to get the female revenues too!

It usually enables the bloke to go to the cinema with his wife/girlfriend if there us love in it!

Otherwise we have to wait until it comes out on DVD and the film company loses money

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by diver99 View Post
    I, bastards isn't a 'proper' war film, it's a homage to a style of '60's film, spaghetti western et al. It's tongue-in cheek stuff.
    It's great stuff! More if the same please !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Oh my god, all these war movies talked about - and not one mention of two absolute classics. the original version of 'All Quiet On The Western Front' and 'Tunes of Glory.'

Almost forgot.... Another to be considered. 'Dawn Patrol.'

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Oh my god, all these war movies talked about - and not one mention of two absolute classics. the original version of 'All Quiet On The Western Front' and 'Tunes of Glory.'
    There's another thread for the best war movies Harry

Nick

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    That Death Star Canteen number is a classic!
    Indeed

Frankenstein's Army, watched this a few nights ago. What a horrible film, a complete waste of time.....
    Only seen the trailer so far. It looks/sounds BAD.
    Is it as bad as 'Iron Sky,' slightly better ...or even worse?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Inglorious Bastards is a bad movie. It starts off alright, but I think at the end they just didn't know how to finish the film, and somebody came up with that plot.
    Just horrible - yuck!

"inside a doomed city, their love braved an apocalypse"

Why, why.....why does a war movie always has to have a "love story"??? Enemy at the gates wasnt "a bad" movie but there was a love story. The new Stalingrad movie, again a love story.
    Hate it when that happens.
    Even worse, when some movies are branded (through ads, trailer and the like) to be hard core war movies only to have a stinking romance take up a huge chunk of the movie. In worst case scenarios, its a planned move to deceive the audience.

But we better be a tad careful now, as were are playing with fire; we are basically insulting Nick's favourite movie (Pearl Harbour)

Quote by diver99 View Post
    What ever it is, it didnt even succeed as that. Its a stinker and I hate to see one of my favourite directers make a POS like that. IB is not in the same league, as some of his earlier work - not by a long shot (but then not many movies are).

The above is of course just my opinion and opinons are like posteriors - everybody has one.

Wow Iron Sky always seems to take a battering! i really liked it for what is was tongue in cheek escapism!....Er i'll get my coat!...

Quote by Scout View Post
    Only seen the trailer so far. It looks/sounds BAD.
    Is it as bad as 'Iron Sky,' slightly better ...or even worse?
    Impossible to compare, really, but I have the gut feeling that it isn't your kind of movie. For my two cents on the film, see:

Anybody seen 'Frankenstein's Army'??

Quote by Scout View Post
    But we better be a tad careful now, as were are playing with fire; we are basically insulting Nick's favourite movie (Pearl Harbour)
    Posted this before, but it's worth repeating:

Team America - The End of the Act (Pearl Harbour sucked) - YouTube

Quote by Scout View Post
    What ever it is, it didnt even succeed as that. Its a stinker and I hate to see one of my favourite directers make a POS like that. IB is not in the same league, as some of his earlier work - not by a long shot (but then not many movies are).

The above is of course just my opinion and opinons are like posteriors - everybody has one.
    As Inspector Harry Callahan once observed.

I, for one, like Basterds, but in the end, it's all a matter of taste, and this is one of those movies that polarize audiences. You either love it or hate it. So far, I have never heard anybody say that it was okayish...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Wow Iron Sky always seems to take a battering! i really liked it for what is was tongue in cheek escapism!....Er i'll get my coat!...
    I'll come to the pub with you Paul, I thought it was good fun! At least it didn't try to pretend to be a serious movie like some of the others do, the genuinely crappy ones are the ones that try to be good but aren't!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I'll come to the pub with you Paul, I thought it was good fun! At least it didn't try to pretend to be a serious movie like some of the others do, the genuinely crappy ones are the ones that try to be good but aren't!
    Dead right mate!....

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast